MK1200G's, evolution's, & SD70ACe's

Empire Builder

Great Northern fanatic
:cool: Does anyone know if there are models of the MK1200G in HO scale? Also, do any companies other than TOWER 55, such as Athearn, Bachman, Walthers, ect..., plan to make models of GE Evolution series locomotives or EMD SD70ACe?

I think Overland made models of the MK1200 in brass, but it's never been done in plastic.

I have not heard of any plastic GEVOs or ACes on the horizon.

RCH said:
I think Overland made models of the MK1200 in brass, but it's never been done in plastic.

I have not heard of any plastic GEVOs or ACes on the horizon.

plastice GEVO's & ACe's are made in plastic by tower55, but they are so expensive ($259 for a standard, non-DCC, no sound locomotive) that I was hoping that someone like athearn or walthers would do it.

Well, I don't consider the Tower 55 stuff to be plastic, even though it is. Like you say, it's so over-priced it may as well be brass. And the sad part is, it's not that good, based on the photos I've seen. Good, but not two-hundred-fifty bucks good...

RCH said:
Well, I don't consider the Tower 55 stuff to be plastic, even though it is. Like you say, it's so over-priced it may as well be brass. And the sad part is, it's not that good, based on the photos I've seen. Good, but not two-hundred-fifty bucks good...

Why the heck does Tower55 over-price their models so much?

Tower 55's prices WILL drop once they begome proven, they'll prolly stick steady around $200, they have more resources then BLI does. Its more a "price for quality" thing, like BLI, supposedly, but I think they could d*** well charge less.

jbaakko said:
Tower 55's prices WILL drop once they begome proven, they'll prolly stick steady around $200, they have more resources then BLI does. Its more a "price for quality" thing, like BLI, supposedly, but I think they could d*** well charge less.

Do you think if another company started making GEVO's & ACe's that it would drive the price down due to competion?

Empire Builder said:
Do you think if another company started making GEVO's & ACe's that it would drive the price down due to competion?
Nope. Think of it in other ways, when BLI released the SD40-2 did all the rest go up? Its rare they'd move, at least as I've seen so far.

There's a possiblity for a GOOD Genisus one, they've gotta pick something for the next one.

Empire Builder said:
I think that Athearn should start making GEVO's & ACe's.:cool:

Athearn or Atlas would be great! If you feel that way, you should e-mail them. I have! If everyone that felt that way, would e-mail Athearn I believe we would get their attention.
My main problem with Tower 55 is the price of the non-sound units. I have a hard time coughing up $200 bucks at one time. I can buy a very nice Atlas or Athearn unit for around $100 bucks and then add sound and extras details as I can afford.

Todd Templeton

nsfantodd said:
Athearn or Atlas would be great! .
My main problem with Tower 55 is the price of the non-sound units. I have a hard time coughing up $200 bucks at one time. I can buy a very nice Atlas or Athearn unit for around $100 bucks and then add sound and extras details as I can afford.

Todd Templeton

I agree! I see what you mean about paying $259 for a non-sound, non-DCC loco!

There's a question you should ask Tower 55... But Like I said Check online, they sell out fast But I've seen them as low as $175 with sound & DCC.

Back