Missouri Great River Railroad

hd-fatboy

Here are some of the plans I have been working on.

The first two is if I go with a dual scale layout.

Pic 1. HO on the frist level. (still needs work on the r-side topo)

Pic 2. N on the Second.

Pic 3. If I stay with one scale N (very Possible) will have the Missouri side at the bottem and Illinois at the top level. (which I do not have finished yet)

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know much but I would personally probably stick with one scale and go with number 3. I just like the looks of it.

plan 3

I would say: "go for plan #3!":)
but why don't You use flextracks ? The many curves will look faaar much better than the tight ones ,for example. in the left upper corner
May be you can also built the yard/station at the top in an angle of 10 -15 degrees to the background it will look more "dynamic":)

Jos

Last edited by a moderator:
I would say: "go for plan #3!":)
but why don't You use flextracks ? The many curves will look faaar much better than the tight ones ,for example. in the left upper corner
May be you can also built the yard/station at the top in an angle of 10 -15 degrees to the background it will look more "dynamic":)

Jos

I'll give it a workover this weekend and see what I can do with it.

For the yard, all of it or just change the station at the top?

hd- fatboy:I think both, because when you start to change one or the other you'll gonna have akind of "domino effect"...so both
if you cannot manage it I would like to give it a try too! Just for fun=)
btw: if you change the river from nort east/ south west into: north west /sout east you will have more space at the area of the enginehouse...

Jos

Grove Den,
Fiddled with it a little and your right, it's a cascading effect, change this and then you have to change that. It will be interesting to see what you come up with.

I'll be working on it more this week end, I do like how the yard looks though with the angles. My problem is I think to linear!

I zipped the file. I sure wish they would add the extension of .XTC to the list. It would make the upload easier.

Back