Mini-Scene Monday

Car Ferry ANN is off loading empties for Haslowe Mine.
1663794037184.png

What's attracted the sailors attention across the harbor at Sonny Marine?

1663794108064.png

Ohooo.......

Looks like Mini-Scenes Monday has some competition now from Midwest Monday.
Here's an individual answering the call of nature.
View attachment 153317
Some bikers in Maultown.
View attachment 153318
Outdoor dining at an eatery in Charlottesville.
View attachment 153319
Keep em coming. See you later.
Sorry about that Willie I just found this been awhile since I’ve been here. I have changed jobs sore of semi retired now but very busy. I work now in my home town driving a little dump truck.

Looks like Mini-Scenes Monday has some competition now from Midwest Monday.
Here's an individual answering the call of nature.
View attachment 153317
Some bikers in Maultown.
View attachment 153318
Outdoor dining at an eatery in Charlottesville.
View attachment 153319
Keep em coming. See you later.

Ok since this is my first posting here I’ll give you guys a bonus. This is off my HO scale layout of a bad wreck on a two lane highway. View attachment 153324View attachment 153325View attachment 153326View attachment 153327
Brilliant! One of those "why didn't I think of that......."

@ TrucTrain55: I always love seeing any REA stuff, as in your photos from your post #28 up above. The three shots of the truck trailer.
As it happens (you may already have heard this), my two eldest maternal aunts ran the REA station and office atop the short pass leaving the San Diego Basin during WWII. There was a wye, and, as best I've been able to determine, the station was set inside the wye.

Re, your photos: "On one occasion (the aunt who told the story was the victim)...
...on one occasion, one of the [Santa Fe] Chiefs pinched the speed down at the the station, so I could get off."

"But not [slow] enough.* I jumped off and rolled along the banking (I have always assumed she meant the slope of the ballast)...

...and broke my arm."

[* paraphrasing mine]

The way the guy in the truck photo YOU posted might have got out...or even jumped!

Love it.

Back