Mini-Scene Monday

santafewillie

Same Ol' Buzzard
Lee (TrucTrain55) started some themed threads a few months back, such as Western Wednesday, Front End Friday, Santa Fe Sunday and TOFC Tuesday. They were successful and several still get postings, but we left out some of the days of the week. So how about Mini-Scenes Monday. Many of us have them on our layouts, some whimsical, some sci-fi, and some just downright amusing. It seems like I have seen dinosaurs, aliens, cartoon characters and some realistic situations. I have a few and I know many others do as well. Let's show off our work.

Last edited:
I'll start this off with a few of my scenes.
How about a few bears.
IMG_6336.JPG

How about Ed Norton and his fellow sewer workers?
IMG_7787.JPG

03-16-19 003.JPG

And a final one for this week, behind a restaurant looking for a handout.
IMG_7146.JPG
06-12-20 011 (2).JPG

Let's see yours.

Some really good ideas and inspiration. Here are some from my world;
Lots of activity at Murry Coal Co.
The boys in the back are bagging coal to deliver to old age pensioners and those on a shoe string budget.
While a young mom is picking up a couple of bags while on sale - 15 cents a bag.......
1662416045053.png

Mean while work continues on the new roof for the coal companys vehicle and maintenance building.
1662416294972.png

Across the way Bettys Dinner is doing a steady trade.
1662416396198.png

The other side of town the police were alerted to prowlers hanging around the RR maintenance sheds....
1662416542323.png

Up at Haslowe Mines, construction workers are busy trying to build a new freight/equipment house.
1662416696991.png

Workers at the Haslowe Mine engine house are taking time off for a friendly game of checkers.
1662416824286.png

Up at Tri-State Utility workers are planning out their work assignments.
1662416985174.png

Out by the river hobos are killing time until the nights East bound freight stops for water.
1662417122261.png

I'll start this off with a few of my scenes.
How about a few bears.
View attachment 150514
How about Ed Norton and his fellow sewer workers?
View attachment 150515
View attachment 150516
And a final one for this week, behind a restaurant looking for a handout.View attachment 150517View attachment 150518

Let's see yours.
The bears, and my sisters adventure over the weekend remind me of another mother-and-baby moment. She was up at a lake near the Continental divide when she encountered a mother moose (and child). The ranger--who closed off the area--told her there are more human deaths each year to moose attack than to all other wild animals combined. Who knew?

Which brings to mind a sign in downtown Winter Park, CO. "Moose crossing." and indeed they did! Mother followed by baby...who must have stood eight feet at the shoulder. BIIIIIiiiiiG baby! The pair brought all traffic, including us, to a screeching halt.

[The photo is from the lake, not Winter Park, which sports four lanes, crossing the forementioned point]

Attachments

• IMG_1596.jpg
    IMG_1596.jpg
    802.4 KB · Views: 116
Last edited:
I was off yesterday so will put this one on there, tweaked the freight house a little here, added the tank and put the old woody in the background, also new building.

View attachment 151427

Dave LASM
In my other online life I am an auto racing fan/sim racer.

The mower dowels used as wheels remind me of a set of Formula One racecars I modeled nearly forty years back (game pieces for a one-off racing board game I was making). In that case, I cut sections of black model sprue for the front and rear tires--there were small front and big rear tires back in that era, so the two sizes worked pretty well. I am trying to find the small N scale box I kept them in, and if I can, I will post them. About 3/4" long each, as I recall.... I'll find 'em.

Last edited:
The bears, and my sisters adventure over the weekend remind me of another mother-and-baby moment. She was up at a lake near the Continental divide when she encountered a mother moose (and child). The ranger--who closed off the area--told her there are more human deaths each year to moose attack than to all other wild animals combined. Who knew?

Which brings to mind a sign in downtown Winter Park, CO. "Moose crossing." and indeed they did! Mother followed by baby...who must have stood eight feet at the shoulder. BIIIIIiiiiiG baby! The pair brought all traffic, including us, to a screeching halt.

[The photo is from the lake, not Winter Park, which sports four lanes, crossing the forementioned point]

They are big animals, and the ones in Alaska are even bigger I am told.
I chased a young moose up the tracks at East Portal, it was amazing how long it ran before veering off the track ahead of us.

Back