Mini-Scene Monday

Talking of vehicles, I try for the best looking detailed ones, if the painting of the lights fails to fill the whole area I go over it,I usually darken any gaps in the hubs and just like figures I aim for the best viewView attachment 157676

a softer focus can hide any telltale model aspects
View attachment 157677
I prefer vehicles with plastic headlights rather than painted they are just so much better
but if not available I might paint in light effects lol
side indicators are worth the effort while your doing the rear
View attachment 157678View attachment 157679View attachment 157680
I have less effective models on the layout but I usually photograph the better models for better finish
great scenes! Those autos are primo

Dave LASM

Out of interest which side do your trains run in different countries, ours run as they should
although sometimes you can have difficulty recognising the front,and running locos backwards is not uncommon
909AC38A-01B6-4FC3-9769-CF3AB20B4671.jpeg

in coming left side dismount reference of course
648E5776-9856-4768-B683-372C1EC2E1B5.jpeg

and model
896B7BDF-45C1-4DB9-952C-6FEE5DDF7887.jpeg

ah I photographed them without electricity, you cannot see the lights!

I came prepared this morning, this scene keeps changing a little kind of like that puzzle "what is different about this picture"

wife gets into the train room and makes little adjustments

View attachment 158018

Dave LASM

😁 I have the same challenge with my granddaughter. She will go to the train room as I say "Do not touch any trains. The electric is not switched on."

Later after she has gone home I'll go to the train room and find every road vehicle moved. Some take a while to find. The little toerag.

At least she comes back. :)

David

Last edited:
😁 I have the same challenge with my granddaughter. She will go to the train room as I say "Do not touch ant trains. The electric is not switched on."

Later after she has gone home I'll go to the train room and find every road vehicle moved. Some take a while to find. The little toerag.

At least she comes back. :)

David
Sounds like she does it to interact with you,plus she listened and only moved the road vehicles so she does listen because DCC hates being moved lol, now that WOULD be annoying I sometimes forget and do it to the other half…..runs for life

Sounds like she does it to interact with you,plus she listened and only moved the road vehicles so she does listen because DCC hates being moved lol, now that WOULD be annoying I sometimes forget and do it to the other half…..runs for life

She (and my other grandchildren) have been 'running trains' since they were three years of age.

Here she is just as I began altering the layout a little, about three years ago. (Hence the mess.)

IMG_3272.JPG

David

Late contribution again.....

This is my first ever BLI sound locomotive that I bought waaaay back in 2002. This is a SD7. I still have it today. I ran this short local of 3 pipe loads, 1 ballast hopper and 3 boxcars of merchandise. Pipe loads and ballast loads done by me. Weathering done by others. This was run on a local club layout that I belonged to in Sarasota FL that is no longer there. It has since relocated and renamed the club. This layout had been there over 20 years but it needed to move due to landlord rates etc. Anyways at the time it was a good place to run trains for a while.

HPIM1576.JPG
HPIM1563.JPG
HPIM1571.JPG
HPIM1546.JPG

HPIM1580.JPG

HPIM1562.JPG

HPIM1554.JPG
HPIM1561.JPG

HPIM1553.JPG

Last edited:
Late contribution again.....

This is my first ever BLI sound locomotive that I bought waaaay back in 2002. This is a SD7. I still have it today. I ran this short local of 3 pipe loads, 1 ballast hopper and 3 boxcars of merchandise. Pipe loads and ballast loads done by me. Weathering done by others. This was run on a local club layout that I belonged to in Sarasota FL that is no longer there. It has since relocated and renamed the club. This layout had been there over 20 years but it needed to move due to landlord rates etc. Anyways at the time it was a good place to run trains for a while.

View attachment 158198View attachment 158199View attachment 158200View attachment 158188

View attachment 158201
View attachment 158202
View attachment 158204View attachment 158203
View attachment 158207
That first photograph is excellent, the high cliff wall at that angle works superbly

Back