Mike and Missy's garden railway

malletman

Alcohaulic
Here are a couple of pics and short video's(click on the pic to link to the video) of our garden railway. We rebuilt it this spring, bringing in 6 tons of dirt to raise it up from the flat ground to a raised area with an stream/pond area in the middle. Stream is crossed by the covered bridge. There is a cable car line and a deck bridge over a dry wash. Most of the time the line is an Austrian style narrow gauge line. But I also have a bumblebee mogul and USA style rolling stock that comes out to run. The mogul is battery powered with Keithco Locolinc RC control. I am working on an "in cab" battery pack to install the Locolinc RC in my little Stainz locomotive. The two real small pics are the links to the videos. I replaced the old green path lights and yellow flood light right after I took some of the pics, put in matching Toro brand lights to match our other path lighting. Enjoy. Mike and Missy.
th_MOV07370_zpsb6585551.png

DSC07344_zpse87ea002.png

DSC07199_zps2ff76f9b.jpg

th_MOV07202_zpsb9e7de01.png

The little Stainz, while looking toy like is actualy very prototypical. And you can still ride behind and even rent this engine and run it your self. The smaller European prototypes lend themselves very well to the tight radius curves that my railway has. The Mogul will go around them, but would look better on much larger curves. Mike

Garden railroading is always interesting. Is the track a simple oval or figure 8? It looks good so far! Have you gone thru any Winters yet with the layout?

Back