Midweek foto phun NOT!!!

NZRMac

In Training Down Under.
Well guys I've started the disassembly of the layout it was actually easier than I thought. Not much track down, no ballast, no scenery. ;)

So everybody say ohhhhhhhh!!

Ken.:( :(

Ken, always sad to see a layout come down. I know it will rise from the ashes like a phoenix and be greater than ever in your new home.

Good luck with the move!

Well guys I've started the disassembly of the layout it was actually easier than I thought. Not much track down, no ballast, no scenery. ;)

So everybody say ohhhhhhhh!!

Ken.:( :(

WTF???Sorry to have to blurt that out. What happened Ken? I must have missed something somewhere. A new house? Congratulations my friend. I do hate to see you have to tear it down but remember, EVERTHING happens for a reason. And this is no exception. Good luck in your move and now I get to watch you put the new one up!!

Johnny

I must have told the coffee shop punters??:confused:

My Bro-in-law wants his half share of the place back (+ profit) It would be an unmanagable mortgage if we bought him out.:eek:

We had an agreement to wait 5 yrs and sell some of the land off, that would pay him back and pay our mortgage off.

So we are selling, signs are up and have a very interested buyer. Jan and I have signed up for a place not far from here with a second garage bigger than the train room now!!:D

we move early March all going well.:)

Lots of emotions been flowing around here!!:p

Ken.

Breaking up is hard to do

Sorry Ken,
I hope this never happens to me, but take a look at the 2 images I attached. If my wife and I move I'm ready. Notice that the 6 round house service tracks and 4 main line tracks, can be easily disassembled. Other sections can also be disassemble by taking out some screws. Were we go the layout goes. Model Railroading is the only hobby where you can be a civil and railroad engineer at the same time.

NYC_George

View attachment 5565

View attachment 5566

Well at least it's in big bit's so it should go back together easy enough (hopefully), i'd be up the creek without a paddle if or when mine has to move. I figured if i come to NZ i would only take everything like track and structures off the layout, the rest would go in the bin, benchwork wise that is. The added cost of moving the whole layout would not be worthwhile, i could build something new for less.

A very Sad Day for you and we all feel your agony. BUT!! It is only temporary and she will be back up and huffing and puffing soon.;) :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Back