Micro Layout

This layout is less than 144" square, 5" x 28" which makes it a micro. :D Really it's a test on my switch building abilities and hand laying track. I used code 83 rail and spruce strips for the ties. That is an SHS SW-1 on it and it even makes the layout look crowded. :rolleyes: Now to add the guard rails and weather the rail and ties. Ballast come after that.

Greg

Now there's a layout I have space for :) Hope you don't plan to run long trains though :rolleyes:

Lookin' good! Wish I had that kind of patience!

Really it's a test on my switch building abilities and hand laying track.
If that's a test I'd say you passed with honors :D Nice looking work Greg, don't forget to post a photo when the guard rails are installed.

Cheers Willis

Thanks guys. I used the Fast Tracks jig to make the switch. The jig is for code 100 but I made a switch with code 83 rail. While it works ok for 83 it does a much better job with 100. :D Since I had the code 83 switch, track was needed but being cheap I decided not to buy any flex and just hand lay the short stretches I needed.

Greg

Well the guard rails are installed finally. My American Models truck continues to roll smoothly through the switch. I adjusted the gap for the points down to a 1/16th of an inch, which will allow me to use a Caboose Hobbies N scale ground throw with this switch. Next step is to weather the rail, ties and ballast the track.

Greg:p

Back