metal wheels. which is better?

Yes I agree! I looked in my folder overflowing with personal messages. I cleaned it. Now there is space for new messages.
Now you can send me a private message.

Yes, sometimes I do not understand what I mean ;-) SORRY!

In a blast from dim past I find about 60 four wheel trucks worth of "Cliff Line" metal wheels, plus a few small bags of Cliff Line 36" wheels for newer passenger cars I don't have. Not quite as good looking as the new ones.

Sirfoldalot! Thank you for the details. I will look there... "write a letter to them with questions" ;-)

Continuing the theme...

Continuing the theme of metal wheels, I show photos. I collected one of their cars from the manufacturer models ACCURAIL kit 'PENN CENTRAIL'. I already wrote here - my choice today is a semi-scale INTERMOUNTAIN.
Most of all, I want to show how I painted these wheels :)
By the way! I mean what else is important to be the time that you need to consider as sitting wheelset (cone bearing) in the truck. And how are they spinning. After smooth movement depends on a combination of these things.
After all, if strongly chiseled inner bearing on the truck, the wheel pair will "float". And then there will be more than the rolling of the body of the car in motion. Particularly at curves.

Attachments

• intermountain_wheels_01.jpg
    intermountain_wheels_01.jpg
    396.9 KB · Views: 202
  • intermountain_wheels_02.jpg
    intermountain_wheels_02.jpg
    387.8 KB · Views: 193
  • intermountain_wheels_03.jpg
    intermountain_wheels_03.jpg
    372 KB · Views: 188
  • penn_centrall_boxcar.jpg
    penn_centrall_boxcar.jpg
    329.9 KB · Views: 191
Hey guys!
I want to re-write in this thread about metal wheels.
I did not have time to deal with models. I just looked at them all the time ...:)
But some time ago I was able to return to these wheels.
And so - what better wheels? Which manufacturer makes them right for our model railroad.
I will say this - every model its wheels!
I've been using in their models, and all of the producers who advised you and I used.
All-wheel drive before installing on the truck, I gave them a kind of colored - rusty, repairing, or just with the plant species.
I worked airbrush. Used a mixture of different colors. I paid a tone crayons...

Attachments

• accurail_coast-line_hopper.jpg
    accurail_coast-line_hopper.jpg
    405.3 KB · Views: 186
  • BN_hopper.jpg
    BN_hopper.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 180
  • the-rock-boxcar.jpg
    the-rock-boxcar.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 188
  • the-rock-hopper.jpg
    the-rock-hopper.jpg
    303.2 KB · Views: 188
and some more photos!
I installed and used - Kadee, Proto 2000, Intermountain.
Of course the semi-scale looks better :)
There is of course and driving quality, but it depends on how you pierce cone bearings in trucks.
I'm carts Inst device from REBOXX.

Attachments

• intermountain_wheels_weathering.jpg
    intermountain_wheels_weathering.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 194
  • intermountain_wheels_weathering_1.jpg
    intermountain_wheels_weathering_1.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 186
  • intermountain_wheels_weathering_2.jpg
    intermountain_wheels_weathering_2.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 181
  • soo-line-boxcar-ho.jpg
    soo-line-boxcar-ho.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 187
Rustam I have used metal wheels of Kadee, Proto 2000, and Intermountain. All roll well if as you say the axle points turn free in the trucks without being too loose and make the freight cars rock and shake. Kadee are black and often I do not paint them. Proto and Intermountain I always paint and weather them because of the bright silver plating on them. Your wheels look good.

Yes, Mike! I do not want to paint Kadee ;-)
This hopper at me with wheels from Kadee. Looks like just from the factory.ACCURAIL_ACL_002.jpg

Back