May Car Exchange

UP2CSX

Fleeing from Al
The CSX local bought an Aurora & Portland heavy-duty flat to Hillside today. According to the bill of lading, it's supposed to pick up a transformer. P&N president Roscoe is trying to explain to the CSX conductor that "We ain't got no transformers here except the little bitty one over at the power plant and that ain't goin' anywhere." The CSX conductor said the CSX is never wrong so the flat is going to get dropped at the P&N interchange. Engineer Spike is lending moral support from the P&N SW-1500, which consists mostly of a torrent of obscenities. Officer Bill just wants to know why the CSX local has the First Street crossing tied up for the last 20 minutes and who strung those phone wires over the parking lot light. Lots of problems in good old Hillside today.

100_1757.jpg

Jamie, purely an accident. One of those things you don't notice until you take a picture and then say "Why the heck did I do that". :) The utility company is going to have to sister some pole together to raise the wires through town.

Concor made the U Hauls and I think Concor also made the older style school bus and Boley makes a modern one with 2 paint schemes.

I have a few of waiting for the time when I have room for a layout.

Vehicles3.png

Jim, traffic is worse in your small town then in my big city. Nice shot love all the details.

Jamie, purely an accident. One of those things you don't notice until you take a picture and then say "Why the heck did I do that". :) The utility company is going to have to sister some pole together to raise the wires through town.

Funny how that happens! I said before the camera is a great tool for catching mistakes. So many times I took a close up of a scene and saw a mistake I missed. Once I did a cemetary scene and could see the building didnt set flush and had a gap under the base. (Needed a little shrub work..LOL) Great shot, and love a story for what's happening in the shot! Kudos!

Thanks, guys. HB, Mark is right about the U-Hauls. I don't know if they are available new any longer. I don't remember where I got the school bus but it's not Boley. It's solid metal and a little oversize for HO. I'll check and see if there's a company name on the bottom.

Gary, my vehicles are like my freight cars. If I ever put them all on the layout, I'd run out of road space long before vehicles. :)

Bob, I hate it when that happens. I thought about reshooting the picture, but it makes a good example of my fine craftsmanship. :D

Caught this GLNE hopper in A yard the other day, it must have come in while
I was out of town.
I'll try to get a shot of it on tomorrow's train when it heads out on the Spencer Longhurst Forwarder, it's on the outbound track right now.

A local SP MP15 brought in this GN boxcar full of parts for Allied Rail Rebuilders. Now they have no excuse when Stanley tells them to get to work!!!!

101_0616.jpg

The local SP MP15 is seen headed home for the day with a couple of empties. The Anduin, Edoras & Rohan is a very rarely seen car in these parts.

101_0619.jpg

Jerome - I love the huge trees in the back ground. It always appear to me that except for logging layouts, everyone's trees are too small. I guess we do it without realizing we are selective compressing nature.

Jerome - I love the huge trees in the back ground. It always appear to me that except for logging layouts, everyone's trees are too small. I guess we do it without realizing we are selective compressing nature.

Gary, I can't take any credit for the trees. This is my 2' X 4' diorama sitting on the railing of my deck. Everything you see past the rails the switcher is sitting on is real!!!! ;)

Damn, no wonder it looks so good! (I actually thought they were a little too large.) Sure beats the view from my house.

I got to do some railfanning on the CPR M&M Sub today!
It was one train right after another, a real treat.
I even managed to get a couple shots of a GLNE hopper sitting at a local mill in Fort Francis:

Back