May 2009 Photo Contest.

Old 97

Hogger
As Model Railroaders, we tend to purchase or kitbash locomotives and rolling stock to build up our rosters so that we’ll be able to meet the needs of customers on the layout. Whether intentionally or not, we ultimately become collectors who go to extreme lengths and measures in an effort of acquiring the one piece of equipment that we just gotta have. The “Holy Grail” if you will, of railroading that completes our collections while adding value and worthiness to our efforts. It is with these thoughts in mind that I announce the theme for the May 2009 Photo Contest:

* Prized Possessions!

Show us the piece or pieces of equipment in your collection that you hold dear and above all else in the realm of model railroading!! One entry per member please. To enter, follow the link, login to the gallery and upload your photo. Good luck to all and thanks for participating in the photo contests!

http://www.modelrailroadphotos.com/photos/showgallery.php?cat=599

* Vehicles, structures, any type of equipment and figures qualify for this theme.

Last edited by a moderator:
does a matched set qualify? I've got a set of 2 locomotives that duplicate the local short line's entire roster. All my pics show both units together, otherwise I'll have to go shoot some new ones, (After deciding which unit is "prized" over the other one...)

Wow, come to think of it, I don't know if I have a prized possession, in the model railway category anyway. Gonna have to think this one out...
Nice stuff so far tho!

Pieces.....

Do to the interest in showcasing multiple pieces of equipment, I thought it would be best for all who want to participate in the May 2009 photo contest to change the theme to include "pieces" of equipment.
My original post now reads as follows: Show us the piece or pieces of equipment in your collection that you hold dear and above all else in the realm of model railroading!! One entry per member please. To enter, follow the link, login to the gallery and upload your photo. Good luck to all and thanks for participating in the photo contests!

Last edited by a moderator:

Back