Marx Trains any interest here or anybody building Marx layouts.

longbow57ca

Hello My friends, I was wondering if there any interest here in Marx trains or anybody building layouts with Marx trains. I am big lover of them and have used over 60 years of my life. I have 7 of those big plastic tubs full of trains, o27 track, transformers, switches and other things Marx too. I starting build layout again starting out 4 feet x 8 feet and sheet of 1/2 inch plywood with legs with wheels on so can move around easy in the basement. I am going to keep it small this time no more big layouts for me. I can have fun with my trains all that matter to me. I still love take them apart and fixing and repairing them oil them and Vaseline or petroleum jelly the gears and clean the motors with alcohol and WD 40 too then with clean rag. I put drop oil all moving parts. I guess that why they have lasted me over 60 years and they will be running when I am gone too. For my money Marx trains are the toughest trains ever made and also made in USA not other places that is why I love Marx trains so much and to me they look cool and run great too. All engines all work well and transformers too I cannot ask for more from Marx trains. Thanks longbow57ca.

I almost bet that there are forums for Marx enthusiasts. May be a real good source for your questions. Try Google and search for Marx Trains forums.
Wayne

Hello Wayne B (35tac) That is why I am on this website my friend, because if you put Marx Trains forums in to Google search not much comes up on Google. There lots on Loniel trains and American Flyer trains but not much on Marx trains. I just wanted to see if there was any interest in building a Marx layout you have to start some where my friend you have to crawl before you walk I think. Thanks longbow57ca

If there's one thing about these forums, there is room and a place for all facets and interests of model railroads and enthusiasts, whatever rocks your boat in other words. We all like to see what you are doing, there is no wrong way, only encouragement and helpful advice. Your long experience will be valued. You may be rare today in your choice. Who cares, or should, you love trains and a particular manufacturer, so show us and describe your efforts, participate in the Running Bear's coffee shop, where we shoot the breeze, and you'll soon fit right in.

Hello tootnkumin, Thanks for writing back very kind of you my friend. I sure would love to shoot the breeze at Running Bears coffee shop about model trains that would be fun. Thanks longbow57ca.

Yeah, longbow57ca - You got a real name?
I love Marx trains! Started collecting a few of the 4 and 6 inch "tin" cars. They run forever and the Gkids can put the 4 wheel cars on the track without much help. I'll look for my links to Marx stuff tomorrow for you.

I wish I would have had more vision in the 1960s. Cannot count how many Marx O-27 trains I passed up at garage sales as "toy trains". I wish I had them all now.

The coffee shop is where we get to talk about the other things that interest us and things going on in our lives, as well as trains. There are a couple of things off limits, but they're what you'd expect.

Hello My friends, It sure nice to know there is still a interest in Marx Trains and I just love too,to me that is great. I have been playing with them over 60 years and will continue too play with them too. They are fun to collect too and run too. I also buy from Ebay for parts for my Marx Trains. I also buy parts from The Robert Grossman company www.trainpartsformarx.com. Thanks My friends longbow57ca PS. any more questions on Marx Trains I will try to answer. I like this website on www.thortrains.net called Fun With Original Marx Trains it is a cool website. You should check it out too.Thanks.

Back