Manchester Museum of science and industry

Steve B

Firefighter
Well we had a day at the Museum today in Manchester, the doctor told me to take regular steam inhilations to speed the recovery, i thought "Well" they are having a steam day so what the heck, off we went

Enjoy the pictures

This loco is a Bayer Garret articulated loco, 1 meter gauge from the South African railway, it was build only about two miles from were it is now.
177720124.gif

Me and Robert
177720348.gif

This is a working replica of a loco called Planet which was even older than some of this forums members,:eek: only kidding folks:eek:
177720168.gif

This is a Wickham gas powered rail inspection car
177720140.gif

These are line ballast tampers, note the very large painting on the warehouse wall behind, nice
177720311.gif

this is a battery electric loco used for shunting duties
177720279.gif

And a nice HO scale hotel building
177720257.gif

And how about this for an ornament, it's silver and commemorated the completion of summit tunnel between Lancashire and Yorkshire, the rail's in the tunnel tapper inwards towards the centre of the ornament to give the illusion of depth, i think you would have to brace the shelves up for this piece
177720232.gif

Hornby's little offering
177720190.gif

The museum has one of the best collections of Steam Mill engines (working) there were six in steam working away today, very hot and steamy, just what the doctor ordered:D the big wheel in the background was going like a bat out of hell propelled bya a five foot piston
177726404.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Good to share the pic's with you guys
Just a few more shots of the big HO scale hotel, i recon with some dividers inside this structure it would look great, the problem is there are no dividers inside and a wopping great lightbulb

178025682.gif

178025661.gif

Back