Make mine scratchbuilt

C

catt

Here's a few pics of my newest scratchbuilt factory/bakery.

bbb3.jpg

BBB is named after the newest member of our TTRAK/NTRAK group.

bbb1.jpg

This pic shows both the boxcar loading doors and the truck loading doors.One of the boxcar doors (the far left one) will be open with a hilo and a couple of LPB's in the doorway.I haven't decided if one of the truck doors will be open or not.

If anyone is interested in the stats the building is 16" long 3 1/8" wide and 2" tall at the track.I thought I'd taken a pic with the roof but it ain't in the camera. :(

Hi catt, that's a great looking building, and you're making a nice job of it. Hope you will keep us posted as it progreses. What materials are you using? I like the transition from siding to cement, very nice effect.

Cheers Willis

The building's core is .060" thick black styrene that I get for a very good price for a pretty good sized piece,The siding is Evergreen metal siding and the roof will be Evergreen Board & Batten siding.

Thanks for answering, all clear now, you're doing a nice job of it keep us posted as you progress wit it.

Cheers Willis

Here is a quick update on the bagel factory.I have the roof itself done and the three closed doors installed..

bbbagels.jpg

Left to do is rooftop ductwork a sign or two and the truckdock driving area.I am comtemplating adding on to the building on the right end with a semi building flat so I can model offices and other sorts of "stuff" :lol:

I hope to be posting pictures tomorrow of the building setting in place on the module.

OOPS! Still to come is the hilo and the LPBs in the doorway.

Looking Good Johnathan, and I see you have sone of the holes covered in also :D
Dont forget to post when it's on the module.
Cheers Willis

Cool building, Catt, and nice to see some of your stuff again. BTW, what's with the roofline? Plans for some kind of ventilation up there making use of that ridge?

Here's the bagel bakery on it's module.There's still alot to be done but she's almost show worty. :D

bagel1.jpg

The trucks in the pic above are the new Athearn's.

Here's a pic from the other end of the building.

bagel3.jpg

The road to the left goes to a scrapyard (not yet modeled) on my buddy's module.

Alex,I got the idea for the roofline from the shop next to the one I work in.The main difference that building is a heck of alot taller than this one would be.There will definately be a roof top ventilation system on this place ,just not yet.

Back