Maintenace & Repair Buildings, Bachmann, CSX

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.

beiland

BigGRacing

Aka. Gary Russell
lots of interest, but I have to focus on track and switches right now...bit by bit.
My last order of 5 cars, I was also shocked on having to pay near $35 more in duty after I already paid exchange and shipping, I didnt even know we paid duty on that stuff, never used to when I ordered slot cars years ago.

beiland

Ah Ha, I see you are in NS Canada. You fellows get hit pretty hard,...sorry for that.

Too bad, I just had a good friend of mine fly up there to go to Lunenburg and retrieve one of his cars that could not be insured properly up in Canada were he has a second home. I visited there on 2 occasions,...nice town.

beiland

Last time I was up there (3-4 years I think), I visited a RR museum display,...and recorded it on one of the forums if I can find it.

found this quote of mine on another forum....
I saw your reference to Nova Scotia's coves. It really is a very picturesque place. I've visited a friend's summer home there in Lunenburg several times, and explored some of the surrounding coves.

I also visited a model railroad museum/layout there in Lunenburg that recounted the railroad system that once served that area. I believe I may have even posted that on this forum at one time.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attract...enburg_Southwest_Nova_Scotia_Nova_Scotia.html

https://novascotiarailwayheritage.com/lunenburg/

Last edited:

BigGRacing

Aka. Gary Russell
yes sadly, the museum has been closed for a while I believe. I had to call the owner last time for a visit and I believe he is currently moving. Just in case anyone plans a trip there.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

ModelRailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.