Mainline rework

I was going to make the same comment, but as you say, digital cameras aren't the best at reproducing colors and do have a lightening effect.

OK I adjusted the photo to where it looks more closely as it does in person.

P1000393.JPG

The improvement is amazing when you go and look back at the pictures in the beginning of this thread. Great work. ;)
icon14.png

Yes I have been going strong for over a month now. Started this on 9/13.

Stay tuned, I will be pouring the water later today.

I just poured it. I ended up mixing in some dark green, brown, and a tiny little bit of black to tint it. It defianatley toned down the blue quit a bit.

Let me know what you guys think now?

P1000412.JPG

P1000411.JPG

P1000410.JPG

Thanks guys! Appreciate that. I know I need to start laying track again. I want to run some dang trains right now.

Thanks Gary and everybody else.

Last night I was going to add ripples into the river. Its supposed to set up in 12 hours. But after 16 hours it was still too wet and making the ripple didn't take, it kept flattening out. So no ripples. Oh well it will be slow moving water I guess.

I like how the bridge isn't centered on the river. Not sure why it strikes me that way. Part of the inner me I haven't figured out yet.

I like how the bridge isn't centered on the river. Not sure why it strikes me that way. Part of the inner me I haven't figured out yet.

I did that intentionally. I thought the river being exactly centered in the middle of the truss bridge didn't look right. Nothing in nature is symmetrical.

Or were you referring to the girder bridge? It just came out that way when I was carving the foam out.

By the way, I got the truss bridge installed last night. I just need one piece of track to lay, on the right side of that bridge.

Last edited by a moderator:
So no ripples. Oh well it will be slow moving water I guess.

...it was one of those quiet, windless days in the mountains. The water was so still you'd have thought it was glass. With no noise except for the frogs and the crickets, you could practically hear the old railroad girder bridge rust in the humid air. In a few days, though, there would be noise enough, when the track gang arrived to lay the new ballast, ties and rails along the mainline that had been selected for an upgrade...

Back