Mail Call! Railway Post Office, commonly abbreviated as RPO has rolled in!

These arrived in the mailbox today from Canadian Express Lines, best price I’ve found anywhere! They should be the last I’ll need and will be used in a small yard on the new layout.
17713C19-050F-4A89-8211-A011E61B3C22.jpeg

This thread would pertain to any Model Railroad related items you ordered and received for your MRR or other.

So include your picture and tell us about it and even give your review or reasons for obtaining the item or items
About it: Lionel's addition to the Polar Express line in 2021 arrived today. Two Pullman sleepers although I cannot figure the designation. Like all sleepers they are named; "Believe" and the "North Pole". Well, Lionel also added some freight cars to the Polar Express name but I'll take a pass on those and stick with the passengers. While the Polar Express consist from the book is questionable as the pictures of the train vary from 4 cars to over 20, there were no sleeping cars in the book. Having a private compartment would sort of defeat the purpose especially since the observation car was basically empty anyway! What child could "sleep" on this train on Christmas Eve?

Reason: These are for Christmas Forest duty and I am by nature a collector. Since I MISSED the original scale Polar Express train from 2008(?) and they became as scarce as hens teeth I jumped on the re-released set with the white roofs. Now I just want the whole set.

Review: These are Lionel's premier cars classified as "scale". Note the proper six axle trucks as opposed to the 4 axle on the non-scale consumer version of the same. They are just as heavy and glorious as the original cars. Must weigh close to 2 lbs each. They came with passengers included. Lighted and Working diaphragms. Both cars were missing a journal box on one of the wheels. I found one rattling around inside the box, to be glued back on. Will write to Lionel to get the other. These cars will see track come Christmas Tree time this year and join the Christmas Forest display in 2023. Almost the whole saga of this train is on another thread titled "Have You Seen This".

Polar Express Pullmans.jpg

Last edited:
Some of you may remember that Athearn was and have been running some fantasy units in the past and recently. I came across this one from an old run. I had to have it as it was unique. It's my RR so yup had to have it! I will be getting it in a few days along with another locomotive that I will share later.

So I won a GP60M in the Union Pacific livery as we know UP never had these but I just had to have it!

I will take pictures once I get it in a few days from now. It's an interesting animal! I will add a sound decoder to it as well.

View attachment 141290View attachment 141291View attachment 141292View attachment 141293

I just received an email from the seller.....he backed out of the deal after my eBay purchase.....he chose to refund me for no apparent reason after 7 days of no confirmed delivery. Either he didn't have the product or he he didn't get a high enough bid for the item. He knew I would ding him for not following through with delivery. I think there should be a way to ding him for not providing a valid reason for refund? I am a little pissed off.

I just received an email from the seller.....he backed out of the deal after my eBay purchase.....he chose to refund me for no apparent reason after 7 days of no confirmed delivery. Either he didn't have the product or he he didn't get a high enough bid for the item. He knew I would ding him for not following through with delivery. I think there should be a way to ding him for not providing a valid reason for refund? I am a little pissed off.
I didn’t know a seller could back out.

TomO

I didn’t know a seller could back out.

TomO
They can. Once they get their money they can hit delivered by showing that a label was made but does not mean actually sent for delivery. They are supposed to send tracking information etc. He did not. Instead he said the following:

1646076288481.png

Then I contacted him on Thursday the 24th and Friday 25th ....no response then the next thing I know I get a full refund. With no explanation! Which really sucks! I sent him 2 messages no response of any kind. It's been 3 days no response since refund. 7 days before refund. I won and paid on the 15th of February. 1st message I got from him was on the 21st with the message above. A real bummer!

I ended up leaving the guy a negative review. I understand people being busy but there is no way your gonna convince me with today's tech that you can't fire off a message status.

They can. Once they get their money they can hit delivered by showing that a label was made but does not mean actually sent for delivery. They are supposed to send tracking information etc. He did not. Instead he said the following:

View attachment 141710

Then I contacted him on Thursday the 24th and Friday 25th ....no response then the next thing I know I get a full refund. With no explanation! Which really sucks! I sent him 2 messages no response of any kind. It's been 3 days no response since refund. 7 days before refund. I won and paid on the 15th of February. 1st message I got from him was on the 21st with the message above. A real bummer!

I ended up leaving the guy a negative review. I understand people being busy but there is no way your gonna convince me with today's tech that you can't fire off a message status.
If he's printed a eBay label, then they are all automatically tracked, so he would have no choice but to send the item (and you only have, I believe seven days to send it) or issue a refund, seller does not get the cash, eBay holds it till delivery is made, I think you'll find eBay made the refund, not the seller, which would explain why you got no explanation

Just a quick addition, I was out in the Portland OR area for a couple days last week so I hit up a couple of the local stores I'm familiar with. No rolling stock jumped out at me (which is fine since I really need to pause adding equipment right now), but I always try to get something to support the LHS'es. At one, I grabbed a T-shirt with an SP Oregon division logo, and a DVD at the other. I'm not normally a big DVD watcher, but they had this playing on a TV in the shop, which caught my attention, and I grew up in the Bay Area, so it should be interesting.

IMG_4588.jpg

I've been busy with other stuff lately, not much railroading here although I have a couple of back burner projects simmering.

So, uh. You guys like SDL39's or ScaleTrains? I got mine yesterday. I was originally going to get a pair, but I let one go to buy something else. No regrets, very happy with #585 who was a frequenter of Minnesota.

This one has the full ESU sound package from factory. I have two ESU-equipped F7's to lash up with it, so hopefully tomorrow I can share some better photos from the club layout.

IMG_20220304_191939360.jpg IMG_20220304_202253260.jpg

So include your picture and tell us about it and even give your review or reasons for obtaining the item or items.
About it: A while back the Burlington Route Historical Society did a custom run of the Burlington XM-25 and XM-26 wooden box cars. CB&Q purchased 2000 and 1000 of these cars after the war in 1922 and 1926 respectively. The cars came from 3 different builders. Pullman, Mt Vernon Car Co, and General American Car Co. These cars would have been in service into the early 1960s. The set is 4 cars. 2 CB&Q, 1 C&S, and 1 FW&D. The base was obviously the Accurail single sheathed box which is an almost perfect match for this class of CB&Q cars. Initially the cars were $32 each and didn't sell well. So after sitting on the shelf for a while they marked them down. I got a group of 6 of the CB&Q (3 each of the 2 road numbers) with a set of new number overlays so I can make them all different road names. Then I bought the CB&Q and FW&D separate for $16 each.

Reasons: A CB&Q car looks at home in any train in the American west, so I don't need to be modeling the Q to have them look good. they were also plentiful so once again will look at home on any western road. And finally that is a huge era range. The hard part will be weathering them to look like 1950s! I like shiny cars. Twenty years ago these would have been expensive, but with today's prices, the price was right.

Review: Paint job is much better than a stock Accurail. I was disappointed all four had the rectangle Burlington Route log on the door rather than at least one of them having the "Everywhere West" logo. Plus like all Accurail, they have Accumate couplers, so will have to drag out the box of Kadees. The additional numbers are on stock that exactly matches the paint color so it won't be obvious they have been renumbered.

Picture:
20220310_212429[1].jpg

Hi, some goodies arrived today.

13DA5B83-DBA7-41E1-9D9E-9A50587A64C5.jpeg

Got the Vortex mixer that I will use for mixing paint.

A new airbrush water pot.

The Tamiya model holder and turntable for the paint booth or bench

My 1st 2 oil paints from Abtielung, burnt umber and raw umber.

A bunch, ok 12 dropper bottles not shown of Vallejo Air Arcylic paints. 6 are replacements for low supplies.

2 enamel Streaking paints from AK Interactive.

A pot of earth pigments from AK.

Not shown is the new airbrush holder for the paint booth

200 not shown, 3ml pipettes

Except for air brushes, paint brushes and the Isopropyl Alcohol of 70, 91 and 99%. The paint booth and it’s contents are new.

TomO

Back