Mail Call! Railway Post Office, commonly abbreviated as RPO has rolled in!

Well the Postie brought some Christmas cheer today, very happy 🥳
new.jpg

The Electromotive is a real heavyweight.
But now not so much, not sure what to do with this one, I can probably fix it, but is it worth the bother? And if I fix it,where the hell do I fit the decoder????
new2.jpg

Do we show off only new or can we show off used that we are happy campers with or latest purchases?

Pretty much anything that is new to you that you acquired or purchased for your layout/collection. So as Rico said what came through your "door" is fair game! We like to be informative about it to help others learn or obtain the information as to where they too can get the product etc.....

Mr Postie brought new goodies for me😊
Everything still sealed in their bags, looks brand new.

Bachmann.jpg

Bachmann2.jpg

Unfortunately it's a split chassis, which I hate, as they are a proverbial pain in the A. I have several 00 scale Steam Loco's, and there is no room for a decoder unless you mill 5mm off both parts of the frame to fit the decoder into. This should be easier, he say's.

Well I couldn't resist any longer and ended up picking up a couple locomotives post-Christmas. I have a bunch of Atlas coalveyor gondolas with WEPX markings that I bought years ago; some of which I just realized I've never even taken out of their boxes yet. After looking at pictures of these in service, I thought I could use a locomotive more appropriate to be pulling them. These gondolas generally were used in unit coal train service from western mines to the Midwest. So I ordered an Atlas Gold GE Dash 8-40C in CNW colors. I think these have been out of production for a few years, but managed to find a shop online that had a few left. It's nice, but I think the yellow paint is a little on the lemony side...however that may be intentional, as I recently read that the first batch of Dash 8-40s at CNW had paint that faded very rapidly (i.e. less than a year in service) due to a combination of poor paint pigment mixing and high-altitude service in the high plains, under harsh UV rays. They were all repainted (including this unit, #8523) in 1991, with a slightly darker yellow like as seen on the CNW heritage unit.

Granted, this doesn't quite fit my western states' theme. But I bought those coalveyors early on before I decided on what area I'd be modeling. I used to live along the IC mainline in Illinois and have a handful of IC, GTW, CN, and other Chicago railroads' equipment that I would see out there. And on your layout, you never know what you might see, like a CNW coal train from the Powder River basin to Madison detouring via, uh...Stockton, CA. Yeah, that's it.

I also grabbed an ATSF Dash 8-40BW at the same time. Sorry no pictures of that one yet.

IMG_4473.jpg

She hasn't got much left, just a Bachmann 40' quad hopper (silver series with load) and this nice looking GE B30-7 Diesel in CSX livery. Never used, detail pack unopened.

1641050316992.png

If you not interested, let me know, for the price I'll definitely have it. Are there any Loco's you particularly want, I'm always browsing eBay and will let you know if I spot something.

If you want a Burlington Northern there's this one.

1641053789796.png

Last edited:

Back