Mail Call! Railway Post Office, commonly abbreviated as RPO has rolled in!

Well things have been slow the last month or so....but I am back at it again stumbling into a few deals here and there. Picked up quite a few cars that I will debut later on JR's UPPR but will share a few here as I got these in the last week and a half.

1st up I got a very unusual and rare production car from Athearn and possibly done by one of the those after market guys like Bev-Bel or other. Unfortunately it did not come with a box but I know this is a rare find. A guy had this in Pennsylvania and he was unloading a lot of older BB cars.

So here it is a BB but most likely aftermarket.... ASAB Atlantic & St. Andrews Bay "The Bay Line" 40' SD Box Car #357642

s-l1600 (2).jpg

Next up is a custom painted one....

An Athearn BB car......ASAB Atlantic & St. Andrews Bay "The Bay Line" 50' box car #2321 (CUSTOM PAINTED)

s-l1600 (7).jpg

next up....

Athearn - Genesee & Wyoming 50' Box Car Train GNWR #300019

s-l1600 (8).jpg

next we have a Walthers Union Pacific 45' Logging Flat Car Train UP #51279 w Log Load. I have been wanting at least a 6 of these and this is my 1st one I have been able to get my hands on. I may need to change the load a bit not entirely impressed with the "logs" that came on it nor am I crazy about the black string. I have better "cable" or chains for that.

s-l1600 (1).jpg

next on deck are some parts....a few packages of trucks that will receive metal wheels.

s-l1600 (3).jpg

then I have this coming to me and it has not arrived yet but I got this on the cheap....8 bucks so I think it may turn out to be a good buy we shall see.

Union Pacific #14025 Custom HEAVILY Weathered 3 Bay Hopper Car but I am unsure of the manufacturer but I will determine that once it's in my hands.

s-l1600 (3).jpg
s-l1600.jpg

and the last order that has not arrived yet but will be here by Friday. I pulled the trigger on a NRE unit.... 😂

Atlas HO Trainman Plus #10 001 203 NRE Genset Locomotive Union Pacific #2727

s-l1600 (1).jpg
s-l1600 (2).jpg

Last edited:
Let's see I also got 2 Union Pacific cars with MP recording marks from the same guy I bought the ASAB cars as well.

ROUNDHOUSE~#7747~ U.P. SHIELD~W.P. FMC BOXCAR #38100
s-l1600.jpg

ROUNDHOUSE~#7747~ U.P. SHIELD~W.P. FMC BOXCAR #38222

s-l1600.jpg

then I snagged a bulk head flat car.....

RI Rock Island #693702_60' bulkhead flat Gold-bond lumber load (the pic is NOT on my layout. It is from the seller of evil bay)

s-l1600.jpg

And here we have a fantastic find! I have been looking for ways to decal/detail my Timken Distribution Center building. Lo behold I found a guy that makes these decals. Very happy about this....this will look good on the side of the brick building with some weathering.
s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600 (8) - Copy.jpg

And well that is it for now.....I have been busy with work and fishing like a mad man. Although I still manage to get things for my MRR layout. I need to do an update on the layout at some point. I will do my usual debut of the acquired equipment on JR's UPPR thread. I know I have been absent for sometime. Life is what happens to you when you are making plans.

Last edited:
Becker is my go-to as I live in New Hope!! But not too long ago, I found Scale Model Supplies in St. Paul VERY close to Concordia Univ St. Paul where I teach as an adjunct sometimes. They have lots of roliing stock and seems like many models now out of production and older. For example I got a nice Proto 1000 frieght that was perfect in terms RP weight and a great roller! I think it was ...$10?

Oh wow, if you're that close you should visit North Metro club sometime!

Oh wow, if you're that close you should visit North Metro club sometime!

I have looked into it - I am in their FB group. But it seems as if the meets are all tough times for me. I have plenty of evening meetings and all. I really, really hoped to go to the Flea Market in May, but ended up having to move my daughter into a new apartment instead. But feel free to send me invites to activities. I would very much appreciate that! I'd like to meet some in-person model railroaders. ------Steve

Holy macaroni!

I just hit a rare jackpot! I won on evil bay (5 qty.) 50ft cars for 38 bucks......here is the kicker! I would have never guessed seeing a car like this.

A TIMKEN car in a scheme that I have not seen....granted it may/must be a custom job but it is a real gem! It will be in my hands next week with the other cars!

These pictures are from the seller.

CNW #32567_50ft
ATSF #12059_50ft
Boston & Maine #79045_50ft
CNJ #25010_Jersey Central Lines_50ft
Timken_#336624_50ft

I am soooo stoked!

Ya'll have a good weekend. My sister arrived to visit from England. I will be busy until Juy 15th which is when she goes back....

Peace!

s-l1600 (1).jpg
s-l1600 (2).jpg
s-l1600.jpg
Boston & Maine #79045_50ft.jpg
CNJ #25010_Jersey Central Lines_50ft_b.jpg
CNW #32567_50ft_b.jpg
s-l1600 (3).jpg
s-l1600 (4).jpg
Timken_#336624_50ft.jpg
Timken_#336624_50ft_b.jpg

Last edited:
Good afternoon modelers. Recent arrivals. From a Facebook sell and buy group. I have been searching for wood chip cars for 2 years and found 4 last week. He asked if I needed any pulp cars and I wanted a couple more that he also had. It all started with me buying just a SF hopper. $75.00 total shipped. Cars are in excellent shape and will be seeing a strip bath in a few days. I am very pleased

TomO
DBB6E9B9-1028-499E-964E-FE00860C45D8.jpeg

63142D53-0805-409F-A666-E9A27A5DA7B7.jpeg

D61AB47D-195E-4D66-8C1F-684B14BEB7B6.jpeg

9E4E3CCD-A5C0-42EF-82F7-9C23AB4A3B0C.jpeg

44A7AD49-93C8-463B-A9D1-76F98135770D.jpeg

1B1B1961-A744-4C13-8E6A-8AAC7BBBA1CA.jpeg

8A3D6BA0-736C-4294-9F65-20FBB89021F8.jpeg

So these are new to me. Some I already have on the bench. The (2) OPE cars are not here yet but will be on Friday. I snagged the BN bulkhead car for 8 bucks and it was a number I didn't have which is cool. I had to get the Hi Cubes. I will need to renumber the IC car as I already had that one but I wanted the blue NEAL Lines car. I have never seen this car before. I like a variety :) So I got both for 12 bucks. The SPSF car is my first one in that scheme. These darn things are expensive! I got this one for 19 bucks plus shipping. People go nuts on ebay for these. Well now I got one. The Ann Arbor car is cool and I got that for 10 bucks and then the Longview car was a neat add as well. I actually have a bulkhead Longview car as well. I posted it a while ago on this thread. Well that's it for now but more is coming. I got a lead on another Timken car that I don't already have a different number of course. Looking forward to that. Later gang! Peace!

s-l1600 (9).jpg
s-l1600 (1).jpg
s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600 (6).jpg
s-l1600 (1).jpg
s-l1600 (7).jpg
s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600 (8).jpg

66914841-9BD1-4530-8B36-42F0537B5C24.jpeg
Good evening. Arriving last Friday was this CRLE boxcar. I now have 4 pieces that have been weathered for me by Rob Arsenault of weathermytrains.com. I order 1 item from Rob every six months or so. Minus the Covid 18 months. But I am starting to do my owning rolling stock weathering but his will always be a treat for me

TomO

Gee found this today, forgot to hit post.

Got my pre-order BLI Plymouth Switcher from Factory Direct yesterday:

20210625_163005.jpg

20210625_163020.jpg

20210625_163023.jpg

20210625_163055.jpg

20210625_163113.jpg

Only the briefest of test runs, but really like it. DCC equipped, no sound. It is virtually silent - even with my hearing aids in! Not fast out of the box, but that seems quite right for a switcher. Good low speed control. This baby is going to get a lot of work - when I build the yard!

Cheers -----Steve

Hi gang!

Just had to pop in and share a quick purchase I got. I have been searching for this caboose now for about 6 months and bam! I found it and got a good deal on it.

So now I have 4 of these style cabeese. ;) May get one more in a Rock Island scheme....so here it is....

Bluford Shops HO Scale Transfer Caboose MP-UP MOW Model#31160 road number MP #7504

20210722_183140.jpg
s-l1600 (1).jpg
s-l1600 (2).jpg
s-l1600 (5).jpg
s-l1600.jpg
UP-MP- MOW #7504 (2).jpg
UP-MP- MOW #7504.jpg
20210722_183443.jpg
MP 7504 -1A at Council Bluffs IA 11-9-08  1024N.jpg
UPMP MOW orange scheme.jpg

I have been a bit busy in these summer months with my work and a visit from my sister and so on. I have been accumilating a lot of parts, track, road bed and switches. I even got 2 orders in on metal wheels sets....200 hundred of them. I also scored a huge amount of cars/rolling stock recently which I will share later. I think I added something like 60 new cars.....lol but they were sooooo cheap. 8 bucks each quality stuff. A guy in Florida was getting out of the hobby....lucky me.

(trimmed)
So here it is a BB but most likely aftermarket.... ASAB Atlantic & St. Andrews Bay "The Bay Line" 40' SD Box Car #357642...

So first off, I saw this and thought of you, Alcomotive. I spent the last month in Atlanta for some work-related training and during my down time I hit up a couple local hobby shops. This is at Blue Ox Hobbies, in Roswell, GA. The entire building is actually an antiques store, with about a quarter of the floor space devoted to model train stuff. They had a small layout running, and lo and behold there was an ASAB boxcar in the consist.

IMG_4210edit.jpg

Yesterday, I was able to attend the Twin Cities Model Railroad Show & Sale in Minneapolis, the first show I've attended since the pandemic started. There was a decent crowd when I was there in the morning, not too crowded but plenty of people and kids. I was glad to see many vendors I recognized from past shows back, and there were some decent deals to be had. I'm not supposed to be buying equipment right now, but I couldn't help myself. You know, support the hobby economy right?

Forgive me for the glare in the picture, I don't have time to unbox these right now. The Golden West cars were from a vendor with a table full of Athearn cars starting at $10 each, they fit in well with my 80s-90s SP theme. The trailers are becoming a vicious circle for me-- earlier this year I picked up a few Walthers G85 flatcars to add to my intermodal fleet. Only afterward did I discover that almost none of my trailers would fit, they were too long. So I started shopping for 40' trailers, bought a few here and there, forgot what I had bought already, and soon I had more trailers than flatcars. So I had to get more flatcars. Then more trailers again... 🤣 Anyway, I managed to negotiate down the price of the trailers depicted here slightly, and I also got both Atlas Master Line flats for $50 total. Finally on the left are a two-car set of Burlington Mail-Express cars. I have a CBQ mail train that I put together a few years ago, so I thought these would add length to it nicely. Plus they've been out of production for several years now. But guess what? I got home, and turns out I have those exact car numbers already. So someday I guess I'll be renumbering them...

P1010738.jpg

Yesterday, I was able to attend the Twin Cities Model Railroad Show & Sale in Minneapolis, the first show I've attended since the pandemic started.
Nice, another forum member near me! Too bad you didn't come by the Hennepin Overland for our first open house since pandemic. Maybe next time!

Forgive me for the glare in the picture, I don't have time to unbox these right now. The Golden West cars were from a vendor with a table full of Athearn cars starting at $10 each, they fit in well with my 80s-90s SP theme. The trailers are becoming a vicious circle for me-- earlier this year I picked up a few Walthers G85 flatcars to add to my intermodal fleet. Only afterward did I discover that almost none of my trailers would fit, they were too long. So I started shopping for 40' trailers, bought a few here and there, forgot what I had bought already, and soon I had more trailers than flatcars. So I had to get more flatcars. Then more trailers again... 🤣 Anyway, I managed to negotiate down the price of the trailers depicted here slightly, and I also got both Atlas Master Line flats for $50 total. Finally on the left are a two-car set of Burlington Mail-Express cars. I have a CBQ mail train that I put together a few years ago, so I thought these would add length to it nicely. Plus they've been out of production for several years now. But guess what? I got home, and turns out I have those exact car numbers already. So someday I guess I'll be renumbering them...
How do you like those G-85 flats? I'm working on my own TOFC train for the 1970's era and interested in some of those Walther's flats. Someone told me they were too light.

Back