Mail Call! Railway Post Office, commonly abbreviated as RPO has rolled in!

Good morning. Received some goodies yesterday from a friend in Fort Worth, Texas. He was able to mail them out before the state went belly up in their terrible weather.

4 pieces of rolling stock from his free lance RR.

7279880B-7C3B-4D7A-AD12-688B8385C2AC.jpeg

2E4408EF-73EE-465B-9304-18699CA00F48.jpeg

He also owns Macrailproducts.com and sent this along. A coil cover for gondola. I need to paint, decal and weather but it’s very nice.
640AB239-7282-40F7-8FCD-9A93F1680A7A.jpeg

Have a great day and may the USPS or UPS or Fed Ex be very nice to you today
TomO

Well to my surprise I had (2) packages waiting for me when I got home....I was expecting them early next week but hey I am glad they came today!

I got the 3rd order of the Bluford Shops HO Scale Transfer Caboose MP-UP MOW GREEN Model#31071 road number MP #7502

20210219_181606.jpg
20210219_181649.jpg
20210219_182122.jpg

I also got today a custom Athearn 40' Single door box car. Custom painted/weathered/detailed and decaled with the The Bay Line scheme for the Atlanta & St. Andrews Bay (A&SAB) aka The Bay Line. Typically their cars are Green with Yellow lettering & yellow lines etc. Sometimes Orange with black lettering and sometimes yellow with black lettering. The A&SAB through time bought a large amount of used cars that were simply repaired & patched. Anyways I got this one for 8 bucks and couldn't resist it. I need to change out the wheels to metal and that's about it. It is a pretty good looking car.

s-l1600 (1).jpg
s-l1600 (2).jpg

So as usual I will post some more pics on JR's UPRR thread for the "official" announcement :cool:

In the mean time I am on the quest to find the 4th and final transfer caboose by Bluford shops. As to which one I am seeking that will remain under wraps as I do not need any competition. 😁;) This particular one is extremely hard to get your hands on.....

Well off I go for now!

Well to my surprise I had (2) packages waiting for me when I got home....I was expecting them early next week but hey I am glad they came today!

I got the 3rd order of the Bluford Shops HO Scale Transfer Caboose MP-UP MOW GREEN Model#31071 road number MP #7502

View attachment 124991View attachment 124992View attachment 124993

I also got today a custom Athearn 40' Single door box car. Custom painted/weathered/detailed and decaled with the The Bay Line scheme for the Atlanta & St. Andrews Bay (A&SAB) aka The Bay Line. Typically their cars are Green with Yellow lettering & yellow lines etc. Sometimes Orange with black lettering and sometimes yellow with black lettering. The A&SAB through time bought a large amount of used cars that were simply repaired & patched. Anyways I got this one for 8 bucks and couldn't resist it. I need to change out the wheels to metal and that's about it. It is a pretty good looking car.

View attachment 124994View attachment 124995

So as usual I will post some more pics on JR's UPRR thread for the "official" announcement :cool:

In the mean time I am on the quest to find the 4th and final transfer caboose by Bluford shops. As to which one I am seeking that will remain under wraps as I do not need any competition. 😁;) This particular one is extremely hard to get your hands on.....

Well off I go for now!

James

for the secret Blufod Shops transfer caboose have you checked Lombardhobby.com.

they have quite a few HO transfers to look at

TomO

James

for the secret Blufod Shops transfer caboose have you checked Lombardhobby.com.

they have quite a few HO transfers to look at

TomO

Tom,

I will take a look....thanks for the heads up!

EDIT: I just took a look see.....nope they do not have it.....it is a tough one to find. thanks for the link though!

The cars in this shot cost between $10 and $45, and range in age from over 10 years to a few weeks, can you tell what's what?
coalTrain.jpg

The $45 car is my most expensive non-articulated/sectional car to date and arrived a couple weeks ago. It was immediately modified to be rotary dumper qualified. I have to be paying attention to pick it out too.

Tom,

I will take a look....thanks for the heads up!

EDIT: I just took a look see.....nope they do not have it.....it is a tough one to find. thanks for the link though!

James, I am heading to the LHS 5 miles away after 12 tomorrow. I know he had a bunch of different HO Bluford Shops, I will take some pictures to show u what he has if you would like?

TomO

Just received my new Digitrax UT-6 throttle the other day. My first impressions are....meh. Probably not going to get anymore. One reason is that they don’t fit into all my throttle pockets and another is that it will need updated via computer every now and then. Not interested it that.
Did you get one of the dual throttles or a single? I love running manned helpers and multiple locos so I may need to get one of the dual ones.

Also, this isn't really a mail call but Ii guess I'm buying a module. This is a 4-footer and has the major construction done. Needs track and wiring. Also comes with a trestle kit!

Screenshot_20210221-101542~2.png

Did you get one of the dual throttles or a single? I love running manned helpers and multiple locos so I may need to get one of the dual ones
Single. FYI
The UT (Utility Throttle) is the single knob throttle. The DT (Digitrax Throttle) is the two knob throttle. You would want the DT.

Digitrax is pretty crafty on their product names
DCS- Digitrax command station
DB 150- Digitrax Booster
UP5- Utility Throttle v.5
LT1- Loconet tester v.1
DH120- Digitrax HO 1 amp 2 function decoder
DN### N scale
DZ### Z scale
Etc, Etc.

Tom, what Hobby Shop do you have in your head of the woods? I may visit it in the summer.

Greg

The Madison Hobby Stop on Mineral Point Road and Grand Canyon Dr. just East a mile of Hwy 18. A few blocks from West Towne Mall. A decent shop. Lots of rolling stock, great amounts of scenery and scratch items, a Great Wall of detail parts but not much selection on locomotives. He is a 20-25% discount guy and will make a great attemp to get what a modeler wants. Basically a HO guy but huge in plastic kits for cars, boats and planes of all scales

The other is in Monroe called Monroe Hobbies but he seems to be a N scale shop mainly with HO secondary and all from Walters. Just a 10% discount and about 40 miles south of me. West of Janesville. Also, he is one of those guys that makes his own hours and he wants you to call to check in when you want to go. Crazy to me but works for him.

Wife got her haircut, so I got some rolling stock

See how that works? Helps that the hobby shop is 5 minutes away from the hair salon.

Screen Shot 2021-02-22 at 11.41.06 AM.png

Got lucky and hit the week where both old and new publications of the magazine are out together. However, they were sold out of the last issue of MRC... I snoozed and lost. I try to keep the local shop going by purchasing mags there, since I didn't spend the big bucks on track and turnouts with them (they didn't have any in N scale... but they're learning)

Screen Shot 2021-02-22 at 11.41.22 AM.png

The hobby shop has benefitted from a couple of estate sales recently. Got both cars for $10 each. The GN is an Atlas, and the NP is a MicroTrains

I'm no where near running stock yet, but I figure the wife's haircuts should get me some decent sized trains over the next year for when I do put that engine on the tracks and send it some power for the first time.

I bought this manifest of Rock Island cars from a fellow from Illinois. Very nice detail for the $. I should have it next week via USPS.

One of them (the white one) has the W&OV recording marks.... WARREN & OUACHITA VALLEY RAILWAY that was bought by Chicago, Rock Island and Pacific Railroad (CRI&P RW)

Pretty cool! I actual have one of the cars no #34, there were actually 100 cars with this scheme and recording marks with the W&OV.

154224228_3511330575663141_3011189604675779258_o.jpg

1614355029838.png

Last edited:

Back