Mail Call! Railway Post Office, commonly abbreviated as RPO has rolled in!

Facebook Purchase Problem

Have any of you purchased something off of Facebook train sites, the try to get a resolution?...or try to revisit the original advertisement to verify that info was incorrect?? VERY DIFFICULT, if even possible. And what if the sellers fails to respond to emails??

I'm far less enthused about using these Facebook sites.

Ya that is a downside on FB Market place etc. but there are some sellers that have rave reviews. I have bought from a guy name Scott Love he sells a huge volume of HO scale supplies. Rolling stock of all varieties and locos. Some structures as well. I have had great experiences with him. It seems everything on FB is word of mouth concept. So do research and don't be shy about asking questions.

I have bought stuff from Scott Love good guy to work with. The ones that are dishonest get called out quick and paypal will work with you. I only spend what I can afford to lose. The only site that has a good record to me is Amazon. Back to Facebook the dishonest ones do not last very long.
Mike

Fed Ex dropped this off today. Hot Wire Foam Factory Pro 4 kit, four tools, and the adjustable heat control. This will come in handy shaping the mountains on my future layout and my other hobby - Halloween Props. 🎃

IMG_7956.JPG

More orders for the RPO coming!

So I picked up a few more things from evil bay. I snagged new old stock Roundhouse 60' Bulkhead flat cars.

RoundHouse 60’ BULKHEAD FLAT CAR. 1302 BURLINGTON NORTHERN Road # 621761 (already have #621760 & #621763 which is cool that there were different road numbers during that time)

RoundHouse 60’ BULKHEAD FLAT CAR. 1306 SSW COTTON BELT Road # 88325

RoundHouse 60’ BULKHEAD FLAT CAR. 1319 LONGVIEW PORTLAND & NORTHERN Road # 61050

s-l1600 (7).jpg
s-l1600 (8).jpg
s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600 (3).jpg
s-l1600 (9).jpg
s-l1600 (12).jpg

I will probably get these in a week or so. I am looking forward to getting these in my fleet of bulkhead cars I already have. This will now bring up to 19 of these cars which are all Roundhouse new old stock. All of them different road names and road numbers. I actually have 3 of BN and 3 UP in different road numbers which is awesome. I do like the details on these cars for the price. I paid 12 bucks each for them so not bad. 4.50 on shipping for each car too.

I can live with that. I will add of course kadees and metal wheel sets.

That is it for now. I will share my other structure orders as they come in.

Peace.

George...how do you like the Blue Points?
I had bought one just to test it to see how it worked and all. I loved the short crisp throw of it, but didn't like how fiddley it was to hook up to the terminals---or the cost.....

I just installed a few switches so close to my control panel that I decided not to use tortoise's but maybe go with a push rod system.
I'll let you know how it works out?
George

I've got a few of the similar BullFrog switch machines, which are constructed of laser-cut wood. One tip (if you aren't aware already), if you need pushrod equipment, check out the RC airplane section of hobby stores. They have lots of pushrod accessories, connectors, etc. I've actually found the larger diameter sleeved plastic pushrods work better over distance, versus the thin metal ones. However you can't bend angles into them like the metal rods.

George...how do you like the Blue Points?
I had bought one just to test it to see how it worked and all. I loved the short crisp throw of it, but didn't like how fiddley it was to hook up to the terminals---or the cost.....

Jerry

I haven't got a chance to install them yet Jerry. To busy with my bridge projects but I'll get to it and give you a full report.
George

Ok, as mentioned previously, I'm not supposed to be adding equipment right now but...I saw Hiawatha Hobby had some Athearn Genesis SP cabooses on clearance. So I picked up two, a C-50-7 and a C-50-9, with two different lettering styles.

Those look great. I see you got them on the clearance sale page at Hiawatha. I ordered some of the GP40-2w’s on Thursday off that page. Can’t beat the pricing. only 70 miles from Hiawatha but had them mail them out.

Enjoy
TomO

View attachment 122957

Mail call! I got a few more box cars from evil bay....

1st up....

North Louisiana and Gulf road number #5001 manufacturer unknown but I liked it. It needs a bit of work before it is released to active duty. I got it on the cheap. I need to replace the coupler boxes, add metal wheels, add 2 new stirrups that were broken off, add weight, add a new brake wheel and do a little touch of paint and weathering.

s-l1600 (1).jpg
s-l1600 (2).jpg
s-l1600.jpg

Last edited:
RPO rolled in this morning....

50 ft. FMC car The Bay Line ASAB road #7182

She needs some minor work. I ordered a bag full of ladder/step stirrups as these seem to be the most recent issues I found on buying used boxcars. So this one will need them as well as the other (2) I received yesterday. This one will also need a new coupler box and kadee coupler. It's quite simple to do. I don't mind buying these fixer uppers at all when you pay under 8 bucks for them. A plus for me as well ;) not to mention it is a road number I do not have! This one is a Walthers car.....you can see the etched step above the coupler....nice details for under 8 bucks!

s-l1600 (1).jpg
s-l1600 (3).jpg
s-l1600.jpg

Back