Mail Call! Railway Post Office, commonly abbreviated as RPO has rolled in!

This arrived in the mail today. A FaceBook sale and it was a good deal. Needs some medium weathering and it will join the fleet.
TomO
AB41C6CC-143B-4307-BC0F-59B828E3566A.jpeg

Well I was bidding on a set of woodchip hoppers and went as high 125 bucks.... this set included (2) 61 foot hoppers in the Bay Line scheme. I lost bummer. Next time I guess I should of went for broke as these are extremely hard to find. I have one hopper but wanted to get this set. Better luck next time. :(:confused:

James, I have not been purchasing any rolling stock since the Fall of 2019, until last week. I am shocked by the cost of the wood chip cars. $40 buy now plus $15 for shipping for E&C cars. I have been thinking of selling my wood chip cars, maybe I should.
4EB14A6C-1049-4167-B24C-A2648DA23DCA.jpeg

TomO

James, I have not been purchasing any rolling stock since the Fall of 2019, until last week. I am shocked by the cost of the wood chip cars. $40 buy now plus $15 for shipping for E&C cars. I have been thinking of selling my wood chip cars, maybe I should.View attachment 120048

TomO

Tom,
For whatever reason the Greenville style hoppers are the most expensive and hard to get....

like this one ..

20200716_190319.jpg
ASAB 1771.jpg

I however I do have several of these that I purchased back in the late 80's early 90's but they are UP, SP and MOPAC. I just need or rather want the last 2 set issue from Walthers in the Bay Line ASAB.

If you don't make it over to the coffee shop, I'll show ya this car, I think came in on the next RPO after twforemans', my first piece of Tangent rolling stock. I really like the detail on the car, except the trip pin levers. They're going by by....

I just discovered this thread and really enjoyed seeing what everyone's interests are.

These treasures just showed up yesterday. The Locomotive Co was based out of Manhatten Beach CA. back in the late 70s.
Back then this was one of the few options for Colorado Midland Locomotives other than the two brass imports years before.
These kits were a three piece ordeal - Chassis, Superstructure, and Tender kits.
I picked up the 4-6-0, 2-8-0 chassis and two superstrucure kits. I will have to kit bash a couple of the old MDC/ Roundhouse tenders for them.

Attachments

• IMG_E7673.JPG
    IMG_E7673.JPG
    575 KB · Views: 124
I just discovered this thread and really enjoyed seeing what everyone's interests are.

These treasures just showed up yesterday. The Locomotive Co was based out of Manhatten Beach CA. back in the late 70s.
Back then this was one of the few options for Colorado Midland Locomotives other than the two brass imports years before.
These kits were a three piece ordeal - Chassis, Superstructure, and Tender kits.
I picked up the 4-6-0, 2-8-0 chassis and two superstrucure kits. I will have to kit bash a couple of the old MDC/ Roundhouse tenders for them.

I have never seen a kit like that before wow!

Back