Mail Call! Railway Post Office, commonly abbreviated as RPO has rolled in!

Jerry, I don't have any of my rolling stock out yet. I have 2 more shelving units to build. Once my layout is built, I'll be able to put the 200 switchers on it. More explained here.......

I picked up these lights, just so I would have some lights to install in the 3rd class station I'm planning on building soon. I'm not sure these were the best idea, and they seem a bit pricey. Probably would have been better off getting something at the electrical wholesaler. But, it is what it is! I wanted something quick and easy:
Lights_09-10-2020.jpg

I picked up this fence, as well. In case I need fence in the future. This gives me about 5' of fence, and the prices will always be going up instead of down:
Fence_09-10-2020.jpg

It's nice to have a bit of fence in stock.

I just won this on evil bay.....84 bucks total including shipping.......unbelievable o_O :p

A 3 car set.

72' Center Beam Flat Car Green
Walthers 932-34114

Car #2450, 2453 & 2455.

ho-scale-walthers-932-34114-asab-72.jpg
s-l1600 (1).jpg
s-l1600 (2).jpg
s-l1600 (3).jpg
s-l1600.jpg

I already have the single car run by Walthers.

Walthers 932-4114
Car #2458

Which I posted earlier on in this thread.

Working on some parts for my RS-1 and paints. I got my green paints ordered thus far but looking for the yellow color.

Hope everyone is well. I been busy transitioning to fall like everyone else around here. Late fall fishing, salmon fishing, prepping for bow season and well splitting wood too. 🤪

Will post the new acquired center beam cars when they arrive on JRs UPRR.

I made the 65 mile trek to the LHS yesterday, and picked up quite a few modeling supplies.
09-15-20 001.JPG

Looks like I can do some workbench modeling for a few weeks. Four structures, some DPM modular wall components, Evergreen styrene, four Oxford vehicles, InstaFence, and some metal wheelsets for those last few conversions. Also included an Accurail Frisco covered hopper that caught my eye. I actually quit buying freight cars six years ago because I have too many just enough!

Last night I was building a WFEX reefer and I managed to knock over the bottle of plastic solvent. I spilled about half of it all over the mat, and the model. Many swear words were said as I was cleaning up.

Looking at it later revealed that the damage isn't too bad, only some smudging and a big spot from my thumb when I picked it up. And only one sprue of parts was damaged. I probably have spare ladders I can use and with some heavy weathering I think it will be okay.

But, since this is the RPO thread you might be wondering why I'm posting here? Well, it wasn't the post office, but I just went to my LHS to buy another kit for this car. I managed to pick one up, with a different car number no less. And three more kits because I was there and didn't want to waste the trip. :)

But, since this is the RPO thread you might be wondering why I'm posting here? Well, it wasn't the post office, but I just went to my LHS to buy another kit for this car. I managed to pick one up, with a different car number no less. And three more kits because I was there and didn't want to waste the trip. :)

Ok, based on the price tags, it looks like I have some competition at my favorite St. Paul LHS. 🤣

Sorry, but I think I got their last Accurail GTW reefer a couple months ago.

IMG_E3824.jpg

Last night I was building a WFEX reefer and I managed to knock over the bottle of plastic solvent. I spilled about half of it all over the mat, and the model. Many swear words were said as I was cleaning up.

Looking at it later revealed that the damage isn't too bad, only some smudging and a big spot from my thumb when I picked it up. And only one sprue of parts was damaged. I probably have spare ladders I can use and with some heavy weathering I think it will be okay.

Well everything happens for a reason no? Nice acquisitions! and it doesn't have to come by mail.... LHS stops count 😉

Uh oh, two people shop there? :) I love going to Scale Model Supply, but my wallet doesn't. :)

It's possibly even worse for me in comparison; I patronize both halves of the store because I do both trains and plastic models. However, I don't make it up there as much as I used to. When I first moved to the area, I lived just across the river south of downtown St. Paul. Now, I'm in the south metro so I only make it up there once a month or so.

It's a fun store though, one of the largest collections of new old stock stuff I've ever seen in both plastic kits and trains. They literally have things that have been on the shelf for 20+ years. There are cars or kits that I remember seeing when I first moved to the state in 2008, that they still have today. Sometimes it can be an advantage...I thought about a Athearn Special Edition NWP SD9 set that they had for close to two years before finally buying it.

Well the mailman showed up with my 72' Center Beam Flat Car set from Walthers (932-34114) Car #2450, 2453 & 2455. Since this an older run set I need to change out the plastic wheel sets to metal wheel sets and then get rid of the horn hook couplers for Kadees. These will get weathered lightly and maybe one or 2 will be done heavily. I also have loads for them as well. I have 4 as mentioned before. I also have car #2458 from a single pack that I got a few months ago. So now I am looking for 1 more orange ASAB box car and 2 more yellow ASAB box cars. Also I have my eye out for a few more woodchip hoppers in the ASAB The Bay Line scheme as well. Then this will finish out my southern exchange rolling stock. So here are pics. I will soon start painting and laying track but still to much to do outdoors yet.

20200917_210549.jpg
20200917_211124.jpg
20200917_211129.jpg
20200917_211133.jpg
20200917_211138.jpg
20200917_211143.jpg

20200917_211221.jpg

20200917_211229.jpg
20200917_211237.jpg

Back