Mail Call! Railway Post Office, commonly abbreviated as RPO has rolled in!

I got me another Boxcar off evil bay.....while I was fishing🤣😂
It came in today. Another ASAB car. This is a Bev-Bel Athearn BB.
20200606_010813.jpg
That's it for my interchange line from the south. Although I would like to find some hoppers or gondolas but at the moment they are not available and a bit pricey.

My brother sold our dad's train set a few years ago, but had photos. He felt badly about selling it after I told him I was starting in the hobby and asked about dad's cars. He sent me the photos of the collection. Using the photos, I found a caboose on Ebay and bought it, just to put on the shelf in the train room.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-06-06 at 9.07.41 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-06-06 at 9.07.41 AM.png
    2.6 MB · Views: 273
Got some of my Atlas HO Scale Code 83 Nickel Silver 22" Radius Track (6pcs) #535 in today. I have a few other orders coming. I will soon be laying track. I like starting out with a fixed curve then on to flex. I like the keep the joints straight. So I flex before and after a fixed curves or even a straight piece of track coming off a switch or going into switch.

Atlas HO Scale Code 83 Nickel Silver 22 inch Radius Track (6pcs) #535.jpg

I know this is supposed to be about what you ordered and received, but this is what I would like to order and receive. That being Atlas N scale code 55 turnouts. We appear to be going through another period of scarcity. I haven't been able to find any anywhere. Does anyone know of a place other than the Great Auction Place In the Cloud that has any available? They mostly want a king's ransom there!
I just checked Hiawathahobbies.com and they have #7’s and #10’s left hand only, no #5. This is an area that you would think Atlas could bring back home to New Jersey or at least out of China. I wonder how much these shortages have cost them monetarily over the years, let alone customer confidence. Good luck.

TomO

Got some of my Atlas HO Scale Code 83 Nickel Silver 22" Radius Track (6pcs) #535 in today. I have a few other orders coming. I will soon be laying track. I like starting out with a fixed curve then on to flex. I like the keep the joints straight. So I flex before and after a fixed curves or even a straight piece of track coming off a switch or going into switch.

Are you short pieces? I have a bunch as I've gone fully flextrack.

I just checked Hiawathahobbies.com and they have #7’s and #10’s left hand only, no #5. This is an area that you would think Atlas could bring back home to New Jersey or at least out of China. I wonder how much these shortages have cost them monetarily over the years, let alone customer confidence. Good luck.

TomO
Check out Micro Engineering for code 55 N. Not sure if they are doing their new line of #5s in N yet, though.

Back