Mail Call! Railway Post Office, commonly abbreviated as RPO has rolled in!

Woo - Hoo ! ! !The loco arrived a day early! Be-a-ootiful, too!!

View attachment 148094
View attachment 148095
View attachment 148096
View attachment 148097
View attachment 148098
View attachment 148099

Just got her tested and runs nice. But Loksound! 144 page manual?????????? Do I gotta read all that?

What do I need to know as this is my first Loksound ever!

Where's the volume control function? Or is it only by CV? So far very happy! -
Nice. Love the Bowser cars. Never owned any of their engines. But if they’re as good as the Stewart locos, I might have to look into getting something that fits my era.

(I live about an hour away from Bowser and I think it’s time to visit them again.)

Nice Mr Postie paid me a visit today, all the way from the US.🍾

Package.jpg

SD80Box.jpg

SD80.jpg

Speaking of not being able to resist, here's a 4th of July sale impulse buy. No, it doesn't really fit the era or area I'm aiming at, but it's always fun to pull some steam out on the layout sometimes. I also kind of have a thing for getting model versions of locomotives I've seen in person; I have had the opportunity to see SP&S #700 in Portland a couple times. These were a class of three oil burning 4-8-4 locomotives built for the SP&S in 1938, serving until the mid-1950s. Loco #700 was saved, and has been undergoing extensive refurbishment for several years now at the Oregon Rail Heritage Center, to hopefully return to service soon.

This HO version is from BLI, with DCC, sound, and smoke. The smoke (which I generally don't use since my train room isn't that big) is synchronized with the chuffs of the sound and running gear.

IMG-4919.jpg

This arrived a few days ago, haven't had a chance to unpack it till today, this is my second Intermountain Loco, and I have to say i'm really impressed with them,

View attachment 148408View attachment 148409
So the intermountain locos are good then? I was wondering how they ran. Had my eye on a few a while back and was wondering how they ran. Glad you shared that. Might reconsider getting one now.

So the intermountain locos are good then? I was wondering how they ran. Had my eye on a few a while back and was wondering how they ran. Glad you shared that. Might reconsider getting one now.
I'm really happy with the two I have, run really smooth, details look good, although I'm no expert, and they have some weight to them, so should have some pulling power.

Last edited:

Back