Mail Call! Railway Post Office, commonly abbreviated as RPO has rolled in!

20160523-111651-C1-Trainz-3885905-00.jpg
20211115_180613.jpg
20211115_181450.jpg
20211115_181455.jpg
20211115_181518.jpg

1638597885738.png

Attachments

• 5682 DRGWx.jpg
    5682 DRGWx.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 67
Graffiti is not weathering. I was asked at a show why none of my cars had graffiti on them it would look realistic. I told him that they were pre graffiti and I don't support vandalism.

Unless it's my imagination, there seems to be less graffiti on rail cars than in the past. I agree, I think only one or two cars on my layout has graffiti and one SOO now storage building.

Greg

Good afternoon. I headed out to Michael’s this morning and because the LHS is sort of e route I never got to Michael’s. LHS has everything I wanted on the list this morning but a couple extras.

For making some more pipe loads but mainly to finish the exposed piping at the PaperMill. The pipe racks have been ready for years, now to finish it off
AC471301-7AC6-439C-8E6E-2E58A62451E6.jpeg

For the decaling and weathering to be done. My LHS sells Pan Pastels less then Michael’s but with a smaller selection. 5 more tints for the bench.
AA2DA628-CC6F-450A-860F-A847E95D8644.jpeg

and because they were there and impulsive is my middle name

I have been looking at this preowned Intermountail Sd40-2 with Locsound for almost 2 years. WELL it came home this morning with me as the price was 50% less then when I last was at the LHS in September
8D28D00D-D294-4718-A08A-DC54F6D5DF01.jpeg

Enjoy your day

One of my first if not not my first DCC locomotives was a BNSF GP38-2 that I purchased just because I like its color scheme. I still have the locomotive today and its a great runner. If I remember correctly, it's an Atlas model that I paid around $100 for the locomotive at Hiawatha Hobbies.

Looks like you're ready to work on the refinery piping tomorrow during your snow storm. Just rain for us with a slight chance of some snow.

Greg

Last edited:
One of my first if not not my first DCC locomotives was a BNSF GP38-2 that I purchased just because I like its color scheme. I still have the locomotive today and its a great runner. If I remember correctly, it's an Atlas model that I paid around $100 for the locomotive at Hiawatha Hobbies.

Looks like you're ready to work o the refinery piping tomorrow during your snow storm. Just rain for us with a slight chance of some snow.

Greg

Ya we have that in the forecast too. Rain and high winds....possible freezing. I too hit the LHS today on my lunch hour. Grabbed (6) more switches #6 with 22 degree radius and standard #6s and #8s. I also got a consignment covered hopper "Cargill" for 10 bucks. Some rail joiners and coupler boxes as well. I also grabbed a Trains magazine as it has the EMD Anniversary issue. Will post pic later. So tomorrow I will be in the train room at some point I hope!

Thought something was missing.

styrene for the new warehouse facade in the PaperMill. Price shown on the sticker is suggested retail this morning. When doing inventory Wednesday the suggested retail price was $6.59. I am ok as I get a 20% additional off.

TomO

53BC5114-12B2-445F-9275-4E6D7100D213.jpeg

Looks like you're ready to work o the refinery piping tomorrow during your snow storm. Just rain for us with a slight chance of some snow.

Greg
Greg, I am leary of any IMR purchase which is one of the reasons why it took 2 years to pull the trigger. Price at $150 not bad but at 50% off with the Loksound decoder is a good deal. The other reason is 2.5 years ago the locomotive purge was completed and my layout after I eliminated unit trains moved to 4 axle locomotives only. Run through trains are back, unit sand trains are back and I am deciding between the unit coal or oil trains that move through the Junction City diamonds and wye.

The weather guessers on. tV and the WeatherChannel app are different. One says the white gifts from above could total 3” the other says it will be hardly noticeable rain.

Either way, I filled out the pantry and ready to build.

TomO

Ya we have that in the forecast too. Rain and high winds....possible freezing. I too hit the LHS today on my lunch hour. Grabbed (6) more switches #6 with 22 degree radius and standard #6s and #8s. I also got a consignment covered hopper "Cargill" for 10 bucks. Some rail joiners and coupler boxes as well. I also grabbed a Trains magazine as it has the EMD Anniversary issue. Will post pic later. So tomorrow I will be in the train room at some point I hope!
20211210_182344.jpg
20211210_182352.jpg

Back