Magic Kingdom

SpitFireV12RR

Hey guys,

I went to visit Magic Kingdom today. My dad is a cast member and there was a rumour that they had a soft opening for Pirates of the Carribean, which was previously repaired and changed, so that it could incorperate some of the newer, Johnny Depp's Jack Sparrow. As a matter of fact, we're going to see the new one tonight at a midnight show!
Anyhow, I took some pictures of a few train-related things that I thought you all might enjoy.

First, is Big Thunder Mountain's Mine Train. I think I got a REALLY good shot of it, even though it was moving at RollerCoaster speeds. It looks really old and dusty...just so you know, it is supposed to be like that!

Picture002.jpg

The next are of Main Street Station. It is the Main Station of Walt's Trains that run around the park.

Picture001.jpg

Here is a Special Picture, Just so you know these are authentic.

Picture003.jpg

The next are of one of the 4 Beautiful steam engines. They are heated with propane, to keep emissions down. As you know, Disney has no price limit!:D

Picture004.jpg

Picture005.jpg

Picture006.jpg

Picture009.jpg

Picture010.jpg

Here is a little tribute to Tuesday...

Picture007.jpg

...and here is a tribute to Walt.

Picture008.jpg

Thats all I have. I hope you enjoy them! I know you didn't get to ride on it(Or be the engineer, as I was when I was like 3), but even pictures are nice of these rare beauties!

I almost forgot. I also picked this up while going out:

Picture011.jpg

Picture014.jpg

Picture012.jpg

Picture013.jpg

If you can't tell, it's an HO representation of the Walt Disney Steam Engine.

Thanks,
Todd

Please do tell where you got the HO version of the train from the park. I have searched and no luck.

Hey guys,

I went to visit Magic Kingdom today. My dad is a cast member and there was a rumour that they had a soft opening for Pirates of the Carribean, which was previously repaired and changed, so that it could incorperate some of the newer, Johnny Depp's Jack Sparrow. As a matter of fact, we're going to see the new one tonight at a midnight show!
Anyhow, I took some pictures of a few train-related things that I thought you all might enjoy.

First, is Big Thunder Mountain's Mine Train. I think I got a REALLY good shot of it, even though it was moving at RollerCoaster speeds. It looks really old and dusty...just so you know, it is supposed to be like that!

Picture002.jpg

The next are of Main Street Station. It is the Main Station of Walt's Trains that run around the park.

Picture001.jpg

Here is a Special Picture, Just so you know these are authentic.

Picture003.jpg

The next are of one of the 4 Beautiful steam engines. They are heated with propane, to keep emissions down. As you know, Disney has no price limit!:D

Picture004.jpg

Picture005.jpg

Picture006.jpg

Picture009.jpg

Picture010.jpg

Here is a little tribute to Tuesday...

Picture007.jpg

...and here is a tribute to Walt.

Picture008.jpg

Thats all I have. I hope you enjoy them! I know you didn't get to ride on it(Or be the engineer, as I was when I was like 3), but even pictures are nice of these rare beauties!

I almost forgot. I also picked this up while going out:

Picture011.jpg

Picture014.jpg

Picture012.jpg

Picture013.jpg

If you can't tell, it's an HO representation of the Walt Disney Steam Engine.

Thanks,
Todd

I went there last month. That was the third year in a row there, and they are always great! The train is awesome at MK.

I lived in the LA area not long after the original Disneyland opened. Walt was still alive and took personal charge of the railroad. I think he built Disneyland so he'd have a really big place to run his trains. :) Nice pictures, Todd. Never had gotten down to Disneyworld yet.

I'm a big Disney nut, so nice to see these pictures and positive comments. :) I was expecting some to dismiss the parks railroads for being fake or some such.

I could yak for ages about them... little tidbit for you all - Tokyo Disneyland does not have a train that does a full loop around the park. Instead it is just a short ride around Westernland. This is because if it had more than one station, Japanese law would require them to stick to a timetable set by the local authority.

And yup, you've got to love the monorails. Especially the new Mark VII's that Disneyland has got. This is the brand spanking new (only started taking passengers last week) Monorail Orange :cool:
View attachment 13497
(Courtesy of MouseTimes.com)

More photos towards the bottom of this update here (FYI - image intensive)

I live 1 3/4 hr. ride from the house of the mouse!

While on the theme park train thing......Guess where this train can be found:confused:?

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know but it sure is ugly. :) It's also the only amusement park locomotive I've seen with ditch lights. Does it cross a public road somewhere?

I find it interesting there is a sky ride in the background, I figured they were all gone.

I nearly said Tampa, but I would have thought it would have had more of an African theme.

Guess they can't tread on Disney's Animal Kingdom's Wildlife Express' toes.

Busch Gardens Tampa by the look of the trees. Great America's train does the clockwise circuit.

Your Right,:eek: Bush Gardens Tampa! One of two locomotives the other one is green. They are patterned after African Locomotives I believe:confused:

Jim, your right they are ugly little boogers:) But they get the job done.

I don't know but it sure is ugly. :) It's also the only amusement park locomotive I've seen with ditch lights. Does it cross a public road somewhere?

Yes, Bush Gardens has one Public X'ing in the park and the other one traffic type the employees cross.

Back