Made in America?

A curiosity question.
Are there any models (engines or rolling stock) made here or Canada anymore? I asked Walthers, but they weren't very forthcoming with an answer.
I think AccuRail rolling stock are. Can anyone confirm or know of any others?

some athearn rolling stock is still made in CA but other than that I have no clue? Kinda sad!

Trent

That's actually why I asked. I bought an Athearn box car kit thinking they were still made in CA, but found the Made in China when I got home. If I had the know-how, time and if it was affordable, I'd mold my own cars and just buy couplers and trucks. But that's just another dream.

I ran across a curious scenario not too long ago that set me back on my rear. A tea/coffee set from a company/studio that was based in Istanbul/Turkey that was labeled as "Made in China"---the guy who owned the import store I saw this in said everything was being made there nowadays:(:(

Well i was going to say KATO's were made in the USA, but i just looked at one of my KATO boxes and it says "made in Japan" :rolleyes:

IIRC Intermountain and Tangent models are both made in the USA but assembled in China.

Mirco Engineering track is USA.

Does anyone know where Railflyer products are built?

Edit: FastTracks are Canadian built.

Only thing made in America anymore are people. And they are making too many, and they don't look American!!

IIRC Intermountain and Tangent models are both made in the USA but assembled in China.

That's almost funny. It's usually the other way, 'assembled in America using foreign parts'. Not train related, but I have a 'Proud to be American' t-shirt that was made in Mexico.

Look where our flags are made!!...9/11 it was hard to get a flag. China worked overtime so we could fly our "China-Made-American-Icon"

Look where our flags are made!!...9/11 it was hard to get a flag. China worked overtime so we could fly our "China-Made-American-Icon"

And OT there at time and a half would be what? 75 cents an hour. But back to trains.
If any one discovers any US/Canadian products for the layout, please continue to post them here.

The vast majority of the manufacturing is done in China, though product development marketing, and so forth are still done here. A good share of the profit stays in the US. Some of that is our fault, since modelers are such a frugal bunch :).

Here is a collage I made of photos of mostly train boxes but there is other stuff from around the house. I got the flag at a July 4 parade exactly as it is shown.
MadeInChina.jpg

That may be slowly changing and rightfully so. Massachusetts passed a law about a month ago making it illegal to sell or buy a US flag not made in this country!! This was something like the 8th or 9th state to do so.

USA, Canada, UK, any country; of all the things consumers can buy and places can produce if you can't even make your own flags then we've all dropped to a new low level of national pride.

Now back to our regularly scheduled train forums. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Made in California

A few years back I played golf at St Andrews in Scotland.
I bought a golf cap MADE IN CALIFORNIA.
Mac

Hey Trey...

I think you are right about Digitrax and TCS... also I think Soundtraxx and NCE might be made in the usa also!

Back