Machine Shop by Cigarbox Studios

I finally finished "planting" my version of the Machine Shop:

machine_shop1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Very nice work! Your mortar looks real on both the walls and chimney. I like the shingles too. Good Job!!

Very nice work! Your mortar looks real on both the walls and chimney. I like the shingles too. Good Job!!

Funny you should mention the chimney - it's a Tichy plastic casting, and it's finished with just a wash of Titanium White acrylic paint!

Nice JOB Frank and the texture and "colors" of the stone walls are great and above all: the roofshingles!! that's patience work!!

Jos

Paper Creek Shingles

Nice JOB Frank and the texture and "colors" of the stone walls are great and above all: the roofshingles!! that's patience work!!
Actually, the shingles are by Paper Creek, and they're easy to install. The strips are long enough for a small roof like this. So, all you have to do is glue the strips, start at the bottom and follow the lines up the roof.

Only one thing could make them better - make them self-adhesive. I talked to George Taylor of Paper Creek the other day and asked him about this. He needs to cut the sheets 5 at a time, or the cost of the laser service is too high. Unfortunately, the adhesive will ooze out and get into the lower layers of paper when they're cut more than one at a time.

Back