Lurking and Rebuilding My Suspended Railroad

This is what it looked like before. I will be reproducing it over time.
Grade_Turnout_12.JPG

Attachments

• Phase_II_Bridge_9.JPG
    Phase_II_Bridge_9.JPG
    94.9 KB · Views: 83
  • Grade_Turnout_4.JPG
    Grade_Turnout_4.JPG
    118.1 KB · Views: 88
  • Phase_II_Bridge_3.JPG
    Phase_II_Bridge_3.JPG
    99.7 KB · Views: 91
  • Grade_Turnout_18.JPG
    Grade_Turnout_18.JPG
    122.5 KB · Views: 81
It will be slow but I hear you.

I am going to have to build all that lattice work again that the track was on. Most of the buildings are still up. As I said, I have to relearn how I ran the power etc. I am also thinking of just two main lines, about 85' each and not having any turnouts this time. I am looking for simple this time and folding in what I learned from last time. I do want to make all the turns at least 18" radius as well. I had a few grades that were fairly severe too and I want it completely flat. Time will tell as it always does.

Last edited:
It will be slow but I hear you.

I am going to have to build all that lattice work again that the track was on. Most of the buildings are still up. As I said, I have to relearn how I ran the power etc. I am also thinking of just two main lines, about 85' each and not having any turnouts this time. I am looking for simple this time and folding in what I learned from last time. I do want to make all the turns at least 18" radius as well. I had a few grades that were fairly severe too and I want it completely flat. Time will tell as it always does.

When you were building this I believe I was building my suspended railroad as well. Back in 2014 or 15, I believe, we were renting a house and I build a loop and some sidings around our living room. Later bought a house and incorporated some of it into the "new " layout. Now yet another new layout, sawmill and some other stuff is the same, though.

Dave LASM

When you were building this I believe I was building my suspended railroad as well. Back in 2014 or 15, I believe, we were renting a house and I build a loop and some sidings around our living room. Later bought a house and incorporated some of it into the "new " layout. Now yet another new layout, sawmill and some other stuff is the same, though.

Dave LASM
That is interesting. One good thing about it though that I am sure you will agree with...we learned a lot and know what works and what doesn't.

Thank you for the reply!

Dave LASM

@logandsawman

I made this as a log load by cutting some actual branches from a tree. Yes, it's dusty. I'll be cleaning all my rolling stock. Another chore getting back into this.

Attachments

• Log_Car.JPG
    Log_Car.JPG
    79.1 KB · Views: 84
Those logs look really good, partly because some interest in the cross section. Duluth, Winnipeg, and Pacific rail car could be hauling wood into Sappi mill in Cloquet.

To be super picky, they usually load the cars up to the top (not heaped, however, just flush with the top) also they don't usually use chains on these type of loads here. Not to say they couldn't use them locally.

Those logs look really good, partly because some interest in the cross section. Duluth, Winnipeg, and Pacific rail car could be hauling wood into Sappi mill in Cloquet.

To be super picky, they usually load the cars up to the top (not heaped, however, just flush with the top) also they don't usually use chains on these type of loads here. Not to say they couldn't use them locally.
I understand for those looking to be super detailed to the prototype for sure.

Back