Louis is okay..very much so.

G'day all....Last night I was talking to Louis in Baltimore on the phone..This we do often despite being 20,000 kms apart. He's exceedingly busy with family commitments at present but he's missing the Forum .Recently some of the members were curious that he hadn't been on much lately . This speaks massive volumes to me on the quality of our members by telling me that" we watch out for our own " and why this Forum has no equal...Just letting you know that our great friend Louis is just fine and hopes to back on in the not too distant future...Cheers Rod..

Thanx for the update Rod, good to know!
I'm always wondering about MIA members, I think we all do.
Like that "long winded old fart Larry".

Thanx for the update Rod, good to know!
I'm always wondering about MIA members, I think we all do.
Like that "long winded old fart Larry".
Larry has, over a period of time, gradually sold off, and phased out his model railroading activities. He still sometimes will post on the forum, but is not the regular he once was.

Yeah, Larry sold me a bunch of stuff so he could get back into "welded art work"; back in 2012. He last posted in May.
Willie

Has anyone ever heard how Jim (UP2CSX) is doing after his memory loss?
When you think about it there's a few "long timers" MIA

Glad to know Louis is OK. I noticed that he only posted a couple of times since I've been back. Larry was quite a prolific poster here and I was shocked when he announced he was giving up model railroading to pursue artistic endeavors. I wished he had been an N scaler when he started selling his equipment! Another one who comes to mind is Old 97. He just dropped out of sight one day.

I know that sometimes an absence is just do to the demands of work or other aspects of life. I've been off of here a couple of times because of work. Sometimes it's due to illness or even death. Sometimes a friend or relative will pass the word on to us, such as in Jeffrey' s case. Other times, we're left wondering.

For what it's worth, I told my wife to get on here and pass the news in the event of a serious turn of events. Not to garner sympathy for me (I most likely won't be in a position to know or care) but just to put an end to the "whatever happened to that guy" speculation. I've never met anyone here in person but I do feel like this is a community of friends that I enjoy hearing from. I just hope that there are a few others that feel the same way.

Sorry, I don't mean to be morbid, especially at this time of year. But we just had a brother Boilermaker from our local union pass away yesterday who was nine years younger than me. It gets you to thinking of how fleeting life can be.

Glad to know Louis is OK. I noticed that he only posted a couple of times since I've been back. Larry was quite a prolific poster here and I was shocked when he announced he was giving up model railroading to pursue artistic endeavors. I wished he had been an N scaler when he started selling his equipment! Another one who comes to mind is Old 97. He just dropped out of sight one day.

I know that sometimes an absence is just do to the demands of work or other aspects of life. I've been off of here a couple of times because of work. Sometimes it's due to illness or even death. Sometimes a friend or relative will pass the word on to us, such as in Jeffrey' s case. Other times, we're left wondering.

For what it's worth, I told my wife to get on here and pass the news in the event of a serious turn of events. Not to garner sympathy for me (I most likely won't be in a position to know or care) but just to put an end to the "whatever happened to that guy" speculation. I've never met anyone here in person but I do feel like this is a community of friends that I enjoy hearing from. I just hope that there are a few others that feel the same way.

Sorry, I don't mean to be morbid, especially at this time of year. But we just had a brother Boilermaker from our local union pass away yesterday who was nine years younger than me. It gets you to thinking of how fleeting life can be.

Aye, I'll be having the wife post on here when I keel over, with instructions to sell my stuff to y'all CHEAP! You guys be the only deserving ones to take care of my 'babies'!

Thanks for the update, Rodney; I was about to call him myself. I fugured he was busy with the Christmas festivities and Trains.

I figured as much. Louis is extremely family orientated and with Christmas coming up he is probably busier than a one armed paper hanger.

G'day all , So glad so many members are happy to know Louis is fine..Montanan , how true RE one armed paper hanger and that's one of his favourite sayings by the way. Exactly true about his wonderful family.. Angela , Nikki , Grace , Tamas , Ayden , Jameson and Danny and his mum of course mean the world to him as do Sophie and Tucker (the beagles) and Noel the cat.. logandsawman He'd be glad to know you were looking out for him too......and Christmas is a very special time in the Bruette household...Last night we tried out Skype for the very first time and it's awesome so I can talk face to face to my U.S. 'family' on Christmas night . Louis took time out of his busy schedule to help me figure it out...The best part is that we will be able to watch each others Christmas Trains .. On a wider scale , isn't it great that this awesome forum allows us to share support , help, fun and peace of mind as a family of modellers and enthusiasts..and I'm so proud to be a small part of it. To EVERYONE here...I hope you have a great Festive Season and Santa brings many a nice Model Rail present or two...Can't think of anything better..Gee I love THE FORUM....It is a family....Cheers Rod

I posted the following in the coffee shop, but then I found this thread and thought I should post it here as well.

Thank you everyone for your kind words and concern. This old locomotive may not have the horse power I once had, but I wont sit around and wait to get worse. I will keep doing what ever is needed to keep running, no matter how slow I have to go.

I hope you can all forgive me for being AWOL, life happens! Minor problems with my kidneys (stage 2) and part of the treatment/prevention is to take frequent short walks. That would not be a problem in and of itself but I also have a bad back and I am still trying to adjust, but I will!

Add to that the additional fun things that Christmas brings and I have not had much time. When I am not busy walking, resting, decorating (still not done), shopping/wrapping (now complete) I have had computer problems. I have had 2 video cards fail in 2 weeks and an ignorant stuck keys keyboard, now all repaired.

Hopefully I can get everything done on the decorating front before it's time to put it all away again. :)

I did get all of my trains up and running with the exception of the N scale set, but 8 but of 9 isn't bad in my book.

Bottom line we had a great Christmas, my boys (grandsons) don't care if everything is not perfect, they did not even notice. Christmas does not have to be perfect. I am sure Joseph had other plans for his pregnant wife then to give birth in a manger, but that was a great Christmas!

I hope everybody had a great Christmas and is enjoying the holiday season.

I missed you my friends!

God willing I will be around more often now.

Back