Looking for old small track plan

JWoodside

I'm looking for a old "Award Winning" small track plan, probably 20-25 years old. As I remember it was an HO or possibly a N Scale layout on 4x4. It was a continious 3 loop layout with a bridge crossing over one loop and the other two loops intersected at a 20 to 30 degree crossing. As I remember there was only one turn out for a short siding. It was cute with at least one tunnel. I have done endless searches on the web and not found anything. Does anyone remember this layout and have a diagram??

This is the closest I found.

Attachments

• IMG_0760.JPG
    IMG_0760.JPG
    581.9 KB · Views: 83
That's IT!!! I looked for several days on line and didn't find it. Where was that published? Thank again for you help I really appreciate it and my Grand kids will as well.
The "trick" for this layout is the 15 degree crossing for one of the loops rather than a bridge crossing. That is why I love the 101 Book as well as the Atlas Track Plans for HO Scale Railroads books. Almost every layout has some little trick like that, which can be used in layouts of any size.

I wanted to make something for my Grand Kids that would be easy to run yet interesting. I'll probably leave out a couple turnouts and leave the double turnout in the lower left hand corner. I thought this layout fit the bill perfectly

I've always wanted to make that layout, just never got around to it. I was thinking about it when I did this one. It is the smallest I've ever done. It is 32 x 36 I think. 15" radius other than the 18" for the turnout and the curve directly accross from it to make the geometry match. Don't even remember why I did it now. Think it was for some display (note the location for the power supply on the bottom right). There were going to be six or so photo locations, but didn't get it done in time, so here it sits unfinished.
tinyloop.JPG

I'm not sure Model Railroader would appreciate you putting copies of their book online. It was last printed in 2019 so I'm sure it's still available.
I think they know already, this is from Trains.com website.

"The Trains.com site features distinct sections for each of these brands, enabling customers to immerse themselves in their primary interest areas. Site membership opens up unlimited access to all content on the site, across all brands. One key membership benefit is access to the complete digital magazine archives, which for Trains and Model Railroader, covers more than 80 years each".

Back