Looking for HOn3 models of D&RG Class 56/ Class 60 aka C-16 Early Version.

I_Love_D&RG

I was looking to see where I can get HOn3 models of the D&RG Class 56/ Class 60 locomotives before rebuilding. I can't find Kemtron's kit versions anywhere. Does anyone know where I can find some models of these locomotives, or what I can use to convert some RTR models? Any answers will be appreciated.

There are several possibilities on e-bay in brass. For a C-16, brass is the way I'd go. The mechanisms are simple and easy to fix and maintain. Keep them lubed and they'll pretty much run forever. I've worked on and painted several for others. Not a ton of pulling power, but narrow gaugers tend to go for short trains anyway.

I was looking to see where I can get HOn3 models of the D&RG Class 56/ Class 60 locomotives before rebuilding. I can't find Kemtron's kit versions anywhere. Does anyone know where I can find some models of these locomotives, or what I can use to convert some RTR models? Any answers will be appreciated.
Roundhouse 2-8-0's in HOn3 come up on ebay from time also , they might work for a C-19 , Precision Scale still shows kit no 10634 C-16 Original Version 1880 (single guide slide valve) in their catalog #4(3.1)
HOn3, D&RGW C-16 2-8-0 with steel cab,
Kit.
$409.00
smooth domes, modified flared tender and road
pilot. Brass semi-kit based on #268.........

looks like Key also imported some I saw one on ebay.

Last edited:
Roundhouse 2-8-0's in HOn3 come up on ebay from time also , they might work for a C-19 , Precision Scale still shows kit no 10634 C-16 Original Version 1880 (single guide slide valve) in their catalog #4(3.1)
HOn3, D&RGW C-16 2-8-0 with steel cab,
Kit.
$409.00
smooth domes, modified flared tender and road
pilot. Brass semi-kit based on #268.........

looks like Key also imported some I saw one on ebay.
Where I can I buy the Precision Scale C-16 original version?

Back