Looking For A Trackplan

I am looking for a trackplan and was hoping someone could help me.

I do believe the plan was in the 2007 Great Model Railroads issue (which I ironically had but accidently threw out). It is a HO scale, 16 foot x 1 or 2 foot wide shelf type with a power plant feed by wood chips. I think I can recall the article saying something about "5th Season" or something.

I tried to find it on the Model Railroader Magazine database but no luck.

Can anyone help me out?

Thanks in advance.

Pretend you are applying for a "grant". Identify what you expect out of it. Figure out how large it can be. Just start doodling with a notepad and pencil and try to imagine running trains, for some purpose, and modify it as you find snags.

After reading your post the first time I browsed the MR train publications index, specifically for the GMR editions of 2007 as well as 08 and 06, but didn't see a reference to anything in any of those issues' tables of contents that fit the bill. If you haven't done that yet, might I suggest that -- it might get you the exact name of the RR and, if it is in the track plan database, give you a head-start on finding it by name. Just a thought.

Model Railroad Planning, not GMR. 2007. The Hardwick & Woodbury Division, by Mike Confalone. I'm searching the trackplan database for it now. Doesn't seem to be there, as you said...

Also, Confalone has something of a web presence -- it's possible the plan is up on the web somewhere.

Hope that helps.

Edited to add:

Some pictures here: http://www.railroad-line.com/discussion/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=24750

Also, Great Model Railroads 2010 has a story on the pike as well. Both GMR 2010 and MRP 2007 are still available from back issues dept. at Kalmbach. hope that helps.

Last edited by a moderator:
The pictures in the link I think are the addition he added on later. I will search under the track plan name as well as the designer.

Thanks Erik!

Back