Looking for a similiar HO Station to this

oxfordlawn

Still learning
2005221191429_MahwahStationOldColor.JPG

anyone???

Very similar to the Atlas "Maywood Station", but looks to be a little shorter than the Atlas. But, given the simple straight lines of this depot, the Atlas one should be a simple cut and splice job if the length bothers you. It even comes with different paint jobs, one of which is close to the original.

Very similar to the Atlas "Maywood Station", but looks to be a little shorter than the Atlas. But, given the simple straight lines of this depot, the Atlas one should be a simple cut and splice job if the length bothers you. It even comes with different paint jobs, one of which is close to the original.
I bet...Maywood is in NJ not far from where this station is in Mahwah NJ...Im off to look for it...thank you

here it is yeah thats amazingly close...Ive been searching the net for an hour and never came across this one....should have asked here first :D

maywoodcolor.jpg

Quite honestly, while the Atlas Maywood station may be painted in the same colors and does have a couple of similar architectural elements to Oxfordlawn's prototype, the resemblance ends there. The amount of kitbashing necessary to make this model truly come even close to resembling the prototype would, my opinion, be just as much work as building it from scratch.

NYW&B

Say Oxford,
Here's another smaller station Atlas offers as their 'Rural Station' that is less costly and maybe closer yet to what you might be after?

The Atlas # 716 for their Rural Station and the kit should go for around 15.85 as I have it figured. The doors and window trim could be painted to bring it up close to the look of the Maywood Station.

ARuralRRStationkitbyAtlas.jpg

Just another choice you have.

Last edited by a moderator:
Trussrod: while being a similar size, there really isn't any architectural feature that's remotely the same to the real station there.

Painting only matches the colour, not the design.

thanks again for everyones input:D I am still leaning towards the Maywood station for the reason being it is longer, and when I cut it down to size, I will have the extra matching roof lengths to fabricate the hip roof style on each of the ends. I am happy with the very close matching of the building and architectural styling, so dealing with the roof lines will be my major challenge.

ox, so yea building a layout ?? pic's pic's pics :D
Nope no layout for now. I am a modeler and have developed a recent interest in trains, so the 2 hobbies will go hand in hand. Slowly been acquiring locos, rolling stock, track and been doing a few buildings and honing my weathering skills. All this aimed at a layout down the road, but still filling my need to tinker and model build. Unfortunately my slow time is just about over, as the name Oxford Lawn is my company, and we have been gearing up to get busy mowing full time full bore real soon again, warm winter and a couple days of rain makes the grass grow and the winter vacation end early :rolleyes:

Trussrod: while being a similar size, there really isn't any architectural feature that's remotely the same to the real station there.

Painting only matches the colour, not the design.

Say CV Acr,
While your right in you observation you also haven't mentioned another station kit that matches any closer I notice so what's the point?

Oxford seemed satisfied/interested even with the Maywood Station by Atlas and I'm just offering another station for him to consider. Again I'm not sure just what your reasoning is without Oxford stating he had to have the exact architecture shown in his initial photo.

As far as painting, that I mentioned, the Rural station is on the plain side possibly if Oxford wanted it to be a bit more stylish like the Maywood if that's even his prefference.

Bottom line, this is his thread and he could object if he wanted to I'm sure but he seems more than glad to get any help offered it seems.

Back