Looking for a custom painter for a brass F3

malletman

Alcohaulic
There are paint schemes that are beyond my ablities, the Monon is one of them. I have an unpainted brass F3 that I am going to redetail for Clinchfield #800. Which is an F3 upgraded to F7 standards, only the dynamic screens on her roof give away her vintage. Looking to have this painted in the as delivered grey/yellow and black roof Clinchfield RR colors. I also have a NE6 caboose that needs painted in red/black CRR colors. Looking for pro quality paint work, along with adding window glass and headlight lenses. Thanks Mike
DSC04427-1.jpg

Last edited:
Mike - That's a beautiful model loco. I am an F3 lover - both high and low fans - but without the stainless screens.
I was looking for a color photo of the Monon, hard to find - then I reread your post, so I will go back and look for some Clinchfield pics. If I was still modeling - I would be happy to do it for you.
How is the mechanism? Does it have a modern type of motor?
http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/showPicture.aspx?id=4516312

You might try the "Brass Model Paint & Repair" and "Brass Collector's" lists on Facebook. There are several hired guns to be found there. Beware: Pro quality will cost you. Those fellows do museum quality work.

Back