Long Weekend "Worker's day" Photo Fun!!! May 1-2-3 and 4

mikeknuckey

Far away in Chile...
Hi friends!!!

Happy Worker's day to all. As this is a long weekend here (hope that for you too) I guess that we'll see many "homeworks" photos.

I'm working on a couple of 50 ft Boxcars, and something more...

Mike, our long weekend comes at the end of the month for Memorial Day so no long weekend in the USA. I'll look forward to pictures of your work.

oops! I didnt know that, so I have two extra days this weekend... I should make something nice to show!

Well, here its a boxcar that I want to make in the BNSF white style, but I'll add some weathering.
I painted brown first (as primer) to can make real weathering fading.

Everday for me is a weekend! haha. Working midnights and beeing up by 2pm is like not working at all. gotta love it.

oh and im getting paid right now to type this :)

Everday for me is a weekend! haha. Working midnights and beeing up by 2pm is like not working at all. gotta love it.

oh and im getting paid right now to type this :)
Sure is! However, I just got home, so I'm not getting paid anymore...

Some from Downunder ;)
A couple of QR photos (these are reall) ;)

NCL29030814small.jpg

NCL2903083small.jpg

IMU107.jpg

And a photograph from my trip on the Savannahlander train trip last year in North Queensland. :D I recommend this trip to all!

savannahlandermorningtea.jpg

I will post some model photos tomorrow.

IMU107.jpg

And a photograph from my trip on the Savannahlander train trip last year in North Queensland. :D I recommend this trip to all!

savannahlandermorningtea.jpg

I will post some model photos tomorrow.

This top photo looks cool. I like the elevated track, plus the ominous clouds above look neat.
The last photo I have a question. Are those ties to the left on 4 foot centers? It looks like the rails is just about to flop over.

Mike when your retired it's one big long weekend . James that does look like a real adventure there !

I finally got it back to looking somewhat like a locomotive. Here fresh from the Rock Island Ft. Worth paint shops is GP60 number 5430. This locomotive was delivered to the Rock in 1988 to supplement the GP38-2's. The paint scheme changed a little from the SD60's in that the grills are now all black without the white strip running through. Another addition is the contrasting paint job on the walkway steps on the left side. As usual with the Rock's new worker friendly environment this unit was delivered with air conditioning. Coming soon will be sister unit #5475.

The REAL back story. I couldn't find any undecorated P2K GP38-2's for a reasonable price. But I did find some good deals on GP60's so the Rock's history is being altered to match my budget.:D

Well, I get long weekends from now on, just put in my retirement at the high school--figured that at 68 I can start affording some time off.

Anyway, here's a couple of shots of my 1949 Royal Gorge on Bullard's Bar bridge hauled by Northern #1802. The bridge is a modified Faller Beichstahl. The loco is a Key brass import that runs like a Swiss watch.
DSC02181.jpg

DSC02185.jpg

Tom

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's my two new aquisitions. #1 is an Athearn RailBox boxcar and #2 is a Bachmann UP gondola. The UP scheme will soon be replaced by the black and white scheme of the KCS.

P1010003-50.jpg

P1010004-41.jpg

This morning I installed a Digitrax DZ143PS decoder in a Proto 2000 GP38-2, after rewiring the number board bulbs so they'll work with my DCC system.

great pics already !!!

I love Fridays typical of the building trade I finished early :) (I have to work tomorrow though) So I spent a couple of hours with a scalscenes harbour wall download and some balsa wood.....

Harbourwalls.jpg

Harbourwalls1.jpg

Harbourwalls2.jpg

Harbourwalls3.jpg

Harbourwalls4.jpg

It doesn't look quite so "plank of wood" now ?

John
RJR

Long weekend for us Limeys,,, (except John), BTW, if you get a tin of clear Humbrol spray varnish for models it works great on scalescenes stuff, but spray it on in several very fast light coats, the first will make it look white but the next will hide the white again, it locks the colours in.

i have been working on a network rail test train,,, pics soon

Great work everyone

This week I finished up some fuel tenders for the BN and the Rock Island. These were former Athearn 62' tank cars. The BN unit was painted for a friend and I'll use the RI unit for my long-distance hot freights.

img2626et0.jpg

img2627vx1.jpg

img2625mm9.jpg

img2631nt2.jpg

That is a magnificent bridge Tom, very nice.

John, the harbor is looking pretty impressive. :)

I love the "modern" R.I. that you have going on Zephyr. Great additions as always. :cool:

My acquisition for the weekis this Atlas Girder Bridge in CNW green. I have not decided if it will make it onto my layout or into a diorama that I am in the midst of planning. Either way, I do believe that it will look pretty good in use. Here it is with a CNW 50' Boxcar parked on it.

Magnificent, everyone. Retirement. Every day is my day.

Here's a hasty concoction. I did alter the brightness and saturation to make it appear somewhat cloudy.

IMG_2014cadj.JPG

Tom, your views are breathtaking. That has to be the grand-daddy, don't mess with me son, bridge of all time in railroading. :D The brass beastie ain't half bad, too.

-Crandell

Hi friends!!!

Happy Worker's day to all. As this is a long weekend here (hope that for you too) I guess that we'll see many "homeworks" photos.

no long weekend here but atleast next day off is on the 20th for ky primarys so a little earlier than memorial day.

This week I finished up some fuel tenders for the BN and the Rock Island. These were former Athearn 62' tank cars. The BN unit was painted for a friend and I'll use the RI unit for my long-distance hot freights.
I love it, but didn't most of the railroads retire them for frame stress issues?

Back