Lok Sound CV54 set to 0 tip

NYC_George

I bought 3 Lok Sound decoders that absolutely sound great but it seemed they were slightly on the jerky running side when pulling a long train. I called a friend who I know owned many of these decoders and he told me to set CV54 to 0 then put it back on the track. Select the loco and press the F1 bell function. The loco will take off down the track very fast and stop. The back EMF will now be set. A big difference in how they run now. All the jerky stuff stopped. It sets the back EMF to the particular motor in the loco. After he told me this I found it in the instructions that I over looked. You can very easily miss this.

George

Depending on the results after the read, I've found sometimes the engine will run really slow - compared to how it ran before doing the auto-adjust. You have to go back in and manually adjust CV 54 back up again. Seems as though CV54 (regulation parameter K) controls the over-all read speed. CVs 51, 52 and 55 can be left where the auto adjust configures them.

Mark.

Mark I thought the 3 Lok Sound decoders were over heating when pulling a 40 car train until I heard about this set 54 to 0 thing. I already have my locos set to run slow using a custom speed table so I didn't notice any change but smooth running now.

George

Back