Loco kit bash

otiscnj

Does anyone know if a semi-scale GG-1 shell will fit on a trainmaster chassis? Thanks in advance.

Ok, I'll take that as a no.

Got another question at this point. Does MTH sell a PS 2 or 3 card, that can be placed in Williams locomotives? I'm thinking of getting DCS soon, and wondering how I will eventually run some of my Williams locos.

Another question I have, while I'm at it is can MTH Rail King locos be controlled by DCS?

Guess what I'm really asking is can locos, (but not Lionel) be upgraded by adding a PS 2 or PS3 card, to be fully compatable with MTH's DCS system.

Thanks for taking the time to consider my questions.

I do not believe, as MTH do not supply their DCS decoders to any other competing manufacturer for installation, that you will have any luck either. You will not be able to run any other brand of control system's decoder installation with their DCS controller either. In Mike Wolf's words, "DCS is not DCC". (or any other as well). He has added DCC capability to his HO line, so he could sell into that market, but I don't know if that applies to "O" scale.

As far as MTH's Rail King brand is concerned, as it's that brand, the answer as to DCS being it's control system, would be, Yes.

Thanks for your reply Toot! Yeah, I kind of figured out that DCS is not DCC, however I wasn't sure if they made components, like decoders, so brands like Williams could become compatible with it. Is Mike missing an opportunity?

Back