Location, location, location.

Michael J

New model railroader
It is too bad this board does not have a way to sort members by location. Not that I don't value input and discussion with people from all over. But it would be nice to find people in a similar geographic area so that in-person meetings and sharing ideas can happen.

I've thought of that myself as a means of getting locals interested in operations on the D&J Railroad, but I think the main concern by most members is being exposed to the general public. Yeah, putting your exact street address up here would be asking for trouble, but to just include city and state, I don't think that would be divulging to much.

By D&J RailRoad;

Yeah, putting your exact street address up here would be asking for trouble, but to just include city and state, I don't think that would be divulging to much.
I agree, or as in my case, general location because of a relatively sparsely populated area.

Yeah, some members do include city and state in their profiles, but short of going through every one, or just by chance, there is no way to sort them.

Makes sense, BurlingtonBob. Even general regions are helpful, though. (Suburban Philadelphia, SF Bay area, Northern Iowa, etc)

Back