Loading the yard with past & present weathering projects

NYC_George

I gathered up most of my past & present weathering projects.

hunts_point_yard.jpg

Yes James but it's 10 years old there's been a lot of updates that won't be shown. How's it going upstate? They did me in when they closed our golf course. I hope NYRA stays open. No Saratoga this year?
George

Last edited:
Yes James but it's 10 years old there's been a lot of updates that won't be shown. How's it going upstate? They did me in when they closed our golf course. I hope NYRA stays open. No Saratoga this year?
George

So far no word on changing the dates or closing Saratoga track. Unfortunately they have reports of a few people in Saratoga county having the virus. If I were to guess, I would say if this doesn't get resolved by the end of May or early June it will be canceled. In Albany where I work (I commute an hour each way, I'm a country boy ain't no city slicker) the work force has been cut and reduced to less than 50% and my office is down to 10% My people are working from home well sorta. I however will be going in until they shutdown the city if that happens. Meantime on the home front I am prepared. Being a natural hunter, fisherman and gatherer. I am set for whatever comes my way. Prepared as much as I can be. I am very annoyed with our governor, such a moron and likes to hear himself talk and don't get me started on the mayor of NYC. Anyhow I even got enough supplies for working on my layout too. lol. If need be I will be ready for turkey hunting and fishing for more food but very doubtful I have worry about that. My freezer is full of fish, venison, beef, chicken and pork. All good. Even my favorite precious metals stacked and racked.....locked & loaded.

Back to you..... still would love to see your plan. Your layout is quite impressive! Oh as for golf I feel your pain. I was a golfer when I lived in Florida. I used to play year round with my boss at my old job. I have to many hobbies to even think about taking that up again. I try to do things in seasons. Some hobbies last year round or 9 months of the year. I hunt (all species), fish (all species), fly fish, dive (NAUI dive instructor), shoot regularly, MRR, DIY, gardening, rebuild/tinker tractors & cars and travel.

Last edited:
After reading your post James you would have no problem modeling the Alaska Railroad. Your a good candidate for one of those off the grid shows. I still use the grocery store to buy our fish. The town may go bankrupt with out the track opening. My friends and I use to rent a house near the track - then play golf / then thoroughbred track / then harness track everyday for 2 weeks. I'm glad your're still working. I see you have a good start on your layout. I think everyone on the site will be interested in what you create.
George

After reading your post James you would have no problem modeling the Alaska Railroad. Your a good candidate for one of those off the grid shows. I still use the grocery store to buy our fish. The town may go bankrupt with out the track opening. My friends and I use to rent a house near the track - then play golf / then thoroughbred track / then harness track everyday for 2 weeks. I'm glad your're still working. I see you have a good start on your layout. I think everyone on the site will be interested in what you create.
George

I grew up 2 blocks from the track from '68 to '74 at #213 East Ave. My older sister and I use to walk to the track, then she and I would look for small jobs to do like hot walking the horses. Can't do that any more in this day in time. But we made pocket change and then we would go down to the variety store known as the candy store on the corner of Lake Ave & Granger Ave. I would always buy candy and the o'l balsa wood airplanes. Then we moved away and lived in Wisconsin for 10 years on the farm.

My older sister and I use to walk to the track, then she and I would look for small jobs to do like hot walking the horses.

Good job for a kid hot walking race horses. My cousin was a jockey who raced mostly in stake races when you lived there. I'm from Pawling NY lots of race horse farms in the area. With maybe the track closing for the season and no golf I'll be doing a lot more Model RR projects this summer. We'll see what happens?

George

Back