Loading Dock........

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.

Old 97

Hogger
My "Dad" has a little H.O. Scale wharehouse that just screams for a trackside dock.
I got the idea to take one of his flatcars with a wooded deck and yanked the trucks off. :D
It just looked right sitting up against the building with the roll up doors facing the track and all.
Now he just needs a forktruck or two, some drums and other items and he should be all set.
The whole thing seemed plausible because I know that some companies and the railroads themselves, would find new life for old equipment.

Come to think of it, I do recall a article in one of the model railroad magazines showing how one railroad used an old flatcar as a bridge over a small creek
for M.O.W. vehicles.

I'll try to post a pic or two showing the loading dock.
Right now I'm off to my "library" to page through some old issues of model railroader to see if I can find that bridge article.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

ModelRailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.