loaded cars- what did you use?

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.

HO train man

Live to train around
Did you buy a built load for your gondola, hopper, or flatcar? or did you make your own, and if you did, what is it made from.

sushob

Entrepreneurial Teen
i saw this. that is why I was asking because I didn't know if they were pre-made
or if the person put pieces together.

Just ask that person within the original thread. Each load is different so you will have to specify which load you are talking about. Starting multiple threads can very confusing, especially when you are referencing another thread anyway.

If you go back to this thread (http://www.modelrailroadforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6023) and click 'Edit' at the first post, you have an option to delete that post. Since you started that thread, deleting the first post will delete the entire thread. That will get rid of the duplicate and save the moderators some trouble since we're keeping this one. Thanks :)

Trucula

Drum Driver
Both...I have bought box car loads from Ertl and flat/gondola loads...I also bought kits like pipe, building trusses and walls, coils, crates and a ship propeller/crate load. and I have made coal loads and used shell covers and covered them with coal, ballast, or what ever...I get most enjoyment from ones I made...I am more proud of those and point them out to everyone over a bought one. I've even studied the shipping guide lines to proper chain and anchoring of loads to get the right look. Seems like allot for one car but it's worth it when your done.

HO train man

Live to train around
Just ask that person within the original thread. Each load is different so you will have to specify which load you are talking about. Starting multiple threads can very confusing, especially when you are referencing another thread anyway.

If you go back to this thread (http://www.modelrailroadforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6023) and click 'Edit' at the first post, you have an option to delete that post. Since you started that thread, deleting the first post will delete the entire thread. That will get rid of the duplicate and save the moderators some trouble since we're keeping this one. Thanks :)
I'm sorry- i cannot find

Larry

Long Winded Old Fart
My loads are made out of;

Oversized drinking straws, medium drinking straws, small drinking straws, stir sticks(tiny straws), plastic stuff, Kit lumber loads(old kits that are actually wood), equipment, train parts, & whatever else I can find in my junk box.
Haven't seen any rail loads, tie loads, plane loads w/wings folded up, speed boat loads, etc.

Larry

Old 97

Hogger
I've made loads of scrap steel for gondolas by using rusty metal chips readily available from my employer.

kjd

Go make something!
I used a block of high density polyurathane foam to make this load. I cut it out on a bandsaw and sanded it with a disc sander and by hand. About 20 coats of sandable primer and a little Tamiya green and there it is.
78032963.5HvYpydj.DSC_6356tn_.JPG

From Dave Hussey's Pbase page:
http://www.pbase.com/dh30973/pnw07&page=1

Old 97

Hogger
I used a block of high density polyurathane foam to make this load. I cut it out on a bandsaw and sanded it with a disc sander and by hand. About 20 coats of sandable primer and a little Tamiya green and there it is.

What is it?:confused:

JeffShultz

Stay off the tracks!
It's a Boeing 737 fuselage on a special car that carries them from Wichita, KS to Everett, WA.

Hi, Paul - too bad we'll never see that on the Siskiyou Line, huh?

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

ModelRailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.