Little big layout

Actually I need a real layout. Something L-shaped (8 'x 8'). A pizza layout is a little bit boring, isn't it ? o_O :rolleyes: :oops:

Actually I need a real layout. Something L-shaped (8 'x 8'). A pizza layout is a little bit boring, isn't it ?
Yes! But everyone here was too polite to say so! ;);)They are however, good for Christmas trees and grandchildren. Show your wife some big layouts like the one at Chet's club, or Garry's or mine and then point out that you only need 8' x 8'! Make sure that you have a bottle of her favorite wine in hand when you have the discussion.
She saw some pictures of your layout and said, "Wow! What a fantastic and wonderful layout! Start building the shed and we'll talk about the layout later." :mad:

So this is the end of this thread. Sorry...

So build the shed... honestly I think you should tread lightly. Take the 8' x 8' and make that an 8' x 1' shelf. Can't see how anyone could object to that...

Last edited:
My vote:

Now you are in business. I have a 6 foot long, 4 inch deep by 6 inch shelf for N scale. I purchased an automatic reverser circuit and installed it in the shelf module. With that, every so often the train will run to the other end. It's a single unit with base, backdrop and lighting fascia all in one. If I had to do it again, I would only increase the depth a bit.

Raboliot that’s great you got the green light! 👍
I agree with the Horseman however, too many moves gets old quickly.
Take for instance moving the reefer from the top left to the bottom left, looks like a full days work. A left hand switch replacing the two right hand ones would simplify things and reduce costs.

Oh Happy Day ! :) My new Bachmann GP40 and my two new boxcars arrived this morning.

GP40 #1.jpg

Back