Lionel g gauge disassemble help g gauge

coryclay

Hello all. I have a Lionel g gauge polar express engine that I need to take apart. Does anyone know how to do this? I have a loose connection in the power plug. This thing only lasted one day! Much thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I am sorry to hear you are having troubles, that is no fun.

Is it the new set with the wireless remote control?

The power plus is in the tender and there should be 4 screws on the bottom of the tender to remove the shell but I am not positive.

I believe I was wrong.

After looking up the manual I see you may be talking about the plug between the tender and the locomotive, is that correct?

Considering you just bought it I would return it or contact Lionel for service.

From Lionel's web site
Before you call, take a moment to view the simple checklist below and have the answers to these questions readily available. It will help us to serve you quickly and efficiently.
1. What is your product number(s)?
2. Where was it purchased (s)?
3. Was it purchased within the last year?
If not, then we recommend taking it to your local authorized Service Station.
4. Do you have a receipt?
(Your receipt is your proof of warranty)
[h=4]By Phone or Fax[/h]Phone: 586-949-4100, ext. 2

I would just take it back but I got it from amazon and I am not sure if they are an authorized Lionel dealer. The warranty says if it wasn't purchased from an authorized then I have to pay for repairs. Maybe I will try taking it to toys r us and see if they exchange it.

No worries Amazon will take care of you. If it were me I would return it to Amazon.

I believe you can return items and get service for Lionel items bought from Amazon. You can call Lionel to be sure, but it's not necessary because Amazon has great customer service.

Unfortunately a symptom of modern mass production is problems right out of the box, but once you get a good one you will be fine. My oldest grandson has been running his for 3 years now.

Happy Holidays and welcome to the forum, glad to have you onboard!

Thanks. They did. Still a pretty poor train but at least I know how to avoid the problem happening with the new one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back