LINDE with sunshields.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 249
  • LINDE with sunshields2 .jpg
    LINDE with sunshields2 .jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 224
  • LINDE with sunshields3 .jpg
    LINDE with sunshields3 .jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 224
a couple of photos of one of Bobby's under construction....marvelous work I might add

Attachments

• 7517376066_993cc046bb_b.jpg
    7517376066_993cc046bb_b.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 1,430
  • 7517387618_eafc1bbe1f_b.jpg
    7517387618_eafc1bbe1f_b.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 706
  • 8350692645_3992079f92_c.jpg
    8350692645_3992079f92_c.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 740
  • 7517403040_a737e23556_c.jpg
    7517403040_a737e23556_c.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 720
Just found out they are SOLD OUT already, (at least the factory is). Not sure how many the dealers will have for sale.

Appears as though they are a hit.

Did you see some actual cars Bobby, or just the website renditions?

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw some of the actual cars at Discount Model Railroad in Addison TX last week. A customer just bought the last two that they had. Looked really good, but he wouldn't take it out of the sealed box.

Willie

I never saw a real car, just photos. BLI made a mistake on the shielded cars. They should have 10 rings, not 12. Also, the late shielded cars have large saddles, not the small ones. Most everyone can live with these mistakes, but they are worth pointing out!?

Regards, Bobby

I saw some of the actual cars at Discount Model Railroad in Addison TX last week. A customer just bought the last two that they had. Looked really good, but he wouldn't take it out of the sealed box.

Willie

Manufacturers are starting to put sticky seals on the box openings now as a proof of being new.

Nice looking cars, especially the white, but honestly I think I would have no desire to have a cyro car on my layout. Can someone tell me the "fascination" isn't the right word.....with them. Sorry, guys not being critical, just curious more than anything. I've certainly never seen one of those cars on the tracks in real life

I never saw a real car, just photos. BLI made a mistake on the shielded cars. They should have 10 rings, not 12. Also, the late shielded cars have large saddles, not the small ones. Most everyone can live with these mistakes, but they are worth pointing out!?

Regards, Bobby

I agree, more so these days when prices are as high as they are, I don't think the rivet counters can be blamed for expecting it, after all the manufacturers are encouraging it.

Nice looking cars, especially the white, but honestly I think I would have no desire to have a cyro car on my layout. Can someone tell me the "fascination" isn't the right word.....with them. Sorry, guys not being critical, just curious more than anything. I've certainly never seen one of those cars on the tracks in real life

Probably not the most common or typical generally, but on a track that has an industry that uses that product, would be so. But then, never stopped me from buying something that is spectacular just because it is.

First off I'm a tank car fan,...of all kinds. They just evoke more ' ? ' than do box cars, hoppers, etc. :cool:
And these particular ones with the upper walkways were particularly inviting.

It got me to wondering how NASA got their liquid oxygen into the Cape for the Atlas and Saturn rocket program. Turns out it was trucked in rather than by rail.

Regards, Bobby

LMBO! No, BUTT! At the same time HECK yes! We gotta KNOW these things! Excellent observation and now we can DEMAND they lower the price on these and produce a "proto" model to sell at an even higher price!

I am partial to tanker cars also but do not mind if it does not exactly match the real thing, it's all an illusion anyways, a representation. I will not be transporting volatile/flammable/toxic chemicals in my basement.

Another scratched cryo

There are photos of the unpainted car, here it is finished.

Regards, Bobby

Attachments

• 12570614383_d4cebba01f_b-5.jpg
    12570614383_d4cebba01f_b-5.jpg
    263.9 KB · Views: 621
Last edited by a moderator:
Beiland, Scotto T, and Rico, I really appreciate your kind words. It was a lot of work, but I enjoyed every minute of it.

Regards, Bobby

unshield no walkway car photo

This is a photo of the unshielded car. Regards, Bobby

Attachments

• 7376061578_d81919eab0_b-3.jpg
    7376061578_d81919eab0_b-3.jpg
    188.7 KB · Views: 210

Back