Like a phoenix from the ashes, I have returned!

BunkerTheHusky

Hello everyone! I would like to do a bit of a quick re-introduction of myself. My name is Bunker! I am an N-scaler, scratchbuilder / painter, and 3D modeler who have had the model railroad bug since a child back in the 90s. I became a member of this forum back in mid-2020, and was starting to become a regular...and then my house burned down! I lost a lot, unfortunately. Although thankfully everyone made it out alive, including all the pets. I've spent the last two and a half years rebuilding my life, and have finally gotten comfortable enough again to begin spending money on hobbies, which of course meant converting the garage into a workshop / layout room. I put up 19 feet of benchwork and began my newest, and by far most ambitious n-scale layout to date. I will eventually make my own thread to cover updates on it as I work, as well as go into depth into my plans for it, and general theming, but it's still early.

I am excited to be back, and to share my layout journey, as well as the other projects I am working on!
IMG_20230120_191112979_HDR.jpg

Ah, an FDM Printer. Is it the standard Ender 3?

I've got Elegoo's Neptune 2 for FDM, and an Elegoo Saturn for resin printing. Use them mostly for tabletop miniature wargaming, but I'm keeping an eye out for MRR appropriate stls.

Welcome back.

Ah, an FDM Printer. Is it the standard Ender 3?

I've got Elegoo's Neptune 2 for FDM, and an Elegoo Saturn for resin printing. Use them mostly for tabletop miniature wargaming, but I'm keeping an eye out for MRR appropriate stls.

Welcome back.
The printer you see is a Longer LK5 Pro. For such a large print bed, it can actually get some phenomenal detail with a 0.2 mil nozzle and ultra fine layer height. Been using it for some larger buildings! I've heard great things about the Neptune 2. They are solid machines!

I also recently picked up a Elegoo Saturn for resin printing. I'm stunned by the detail it can achieve. Unfortunately I haven't had a lot of time with the machine yet, so I really haven't seen it's full capability as of yet. Finding good STLs for model railroading is still tough, but I've had good luck with Cults3D. There seems to be a growing community of railfans there.

Thank you for the warm welcome back!

Back