Life-Like Proto 2000 SD7 Gear Ratio?

rail_watcher

Does anyone happen to know off hand what the gear ratio is on a Life-Like Proto 2000 SD7? I tried googling it, but couldn't find anything.

Does anyone happen to know off hand what the gear ratio is on a Life-Like Proto 2000 SD7? I tried googling it, but couldn't find anything.
If I'm not mistaken they were using the Athearn style trucks , which would have a ration somewhere around 12-14 :1 I think its about 12:1 drive line to wheel. The easy way to find out is to count the number of teeth on the axle gear, the drive line has to make one rotation per tooth to advance the axle., The other gears don't really matter ratio wise since their not stacked.

If I'm not mistaken they were using the Athearn style trucks , which would have a ration somewhere around 12-14 :1 I think its about 12:1 drive line to wheel. The easy way to find out is to count the number of teeth on the axle gear, the drive line has to make one rotation per tooth to advance the axle., The other gears don't really matter ratio wise since their not stacked.

Thank you.

Back