LGM's New F9

My daughter did that to me once when she was little, she was into some doll house stuff and I was getting into it, sort of MR without the trains, the ex, well wife then wanted to know why we had all this stuff, she (my daughter) pointed at me ...

Eric, I apologize in not replying sooner, but I just now saw this thread. Wow! LGM hit the jack pot. I am sorry, but I like the color scheme on his a lot better than yours:p :D I sure would be proud to see the whole set running around my layout. Maybe the next time I get the ARG meet, he can bring them.

How'd I miss this thread? :D

They look great GM and LGM! I love seeing something I sell in use. It looked good in the box, but it looks a lot better on the layout :)

Rex, we may just "travel" a little with the new F9. LGM says it's his favorite. :D

Nate, Thanks for the great deal on these. They're great locos and the Cal Scale kits really bring them to life!

Like sheep on a cliff.........

OMG, I'm sorry it took so long for me to reply to this great thread. LGM doesn't look happy at all;) , does he? I'd say if you took the locos out of his hands and put a winning lotto ticket in their place you wouldn't be able to tell the difference:cool:

What a great gift! And I love both schemes, being a covered wagon fan, the grabs up the side of the nose are what sets these babies off!!

Johnny

enjineerbill said:
OMG, I'm sorry it took so long for me to reply to this great thread. LGM doesn't look happy at all;) , does he? I'd say if you took the locos out of his hands and put a winning lotto ticket in their place you wouldn't be able to tell the difference:cool:

What a great gift! And I love both schemes, being a covered wagon fan, the grabs up the side of the nose are what sets these babies off!!

Johnny

I kinda like em both too. :D

As for the grabs, they look good, but on a Stewart they're alot of drillin. :D I've gotten to the point that I really enjoy loco detailling though. I need to go back and add one more grab on the lower left...

I can't say enough good about the Stewart locos. They run GREAT, are reasonably priced, and make great project locos for someone that's into detailing. The F9's B unit is even set up for track power. It's gonna be EASY to put sound in it one of these days. Speaking of the B, I need to get back on it!

Eric, Thanks for the qiuck synopsis on Stewart units. I looked at 'em once and liked them for the reason you stated. The LHS I was in did not have a test track and he didn't seem to want me to suggest a piece of flex with power applied:( , so I opted for an Athearn Genisis instead. Love it but the scheme is too early for what I model. The Stewart on the other hand is painted in the later scheme. Saves the a trip to the airbrush:) . I'll give 'em a try!!

Johnny

enjineerbill said:
I'll give 'em a try!!
Bet'cha I know one place you could find them :eek:

grande man said:
The F9's B unit is even set up for track power. It's gonna be EASY to put sound in it one of these days. Speaking of the B, I need to get back on it!
Yup, the trucks have the needed "wipers" to pick up power. Not to get too far off topic, but how does it work when you put a sound decoder in a B unit? Do you tie it in with the A unit's decoder, or do you give the B unit it's own address?

Oh, if you ever want to add an additional B unit to the set, I have a whole shelf full of dummy and powered chassis', and hundreds of shells in over 50 different schemes. Suppose I should start listing them again. Haven't had any on eBay since the spring...

sushob said:
Bet'cha I know one place you could find them :eek:

Yup, the trucks have the needed "wipers" to pick up power. Not to get too far off topic, but how does it work when you put a sound decoder in a B unit? Do you tie it in with the A unit's decoder, or do you give the B unit it's own address?

Oh, if you ever want to add an additional B unit to the set, I have a whole shelf full of dummy and powered chassis', and hundreds of shells in over 50 different schemes. Suppose I should start listing them again. Haven't had any on eBay since the spring...

Nate, there are sound only decoders available. I haven't really thought much about programming the sound unit, but would assume that the best way would be to just program it to the same address as the A. This might take a little function remapping if the A has FX functions on the throttle buttons you want to use for sound.

How much are the dummy B's? I might get some more of them later on. ;)

Johnny, If you need some Stewarts, Nate is Da Man. :cool:

Back