Let's get LOADED!!!.....

Sitting around the house for days makes me get something done. A Micro-Engineering 50' bridge loaded and headed out to the customer. The bridge shoes are loaded on the ends of the car.

20200329_143922.jpg
20200329_143943.jpg

Another Tyco fixer upper, these were crates that were on a flat car. Airbrushed rail tie brown. The mounts for the flatcar are from the Walthers proto 2000 cars, these were on the trucks for as part of the packaging. (I've used these a lot for different things) The Intermountain car is very light so this gave me a place to hide some weight. I trimmed out the center section, glued two together,added weight and painted. The look I was going for was created machinery. As you can see the Walthers truck keeper fit perfectly over the deck of the flatcar and the ends slightly wrap around the edge so it can't slide off.
IMG_3865.jpg
IMG_3867.jpg
IMG_3872.jpg
IMG_3871.jpg

A nice topic with some very good ideas. James on page 1 asked for Woodchip hopper pictures. Matt Smith is an online buddy who made this car for his Railroad, the Alabama Georgia and Gulf and sent one to me. I still owe him one of mine after a year.
00A5C4BB-5CA2-4DE6-89AE-B6B787BC0AE1.jpeg
5E392258-1839-45DE-A073-1396C658C54C.jpeg

TomO

Fantastic guys!!! Keep posting! I am looking for more!

Anyone have wood chip cars???
Yup. I didn't make the loads for them, but they have homemade loads. Made out of a chunk of lumber and cut/sanded to shape, tops dusted with fine sawdust. I really ought to take my drill to them and remove some weight, these cars are quite heavy with the loads in.
WalthersWoodchipper.jpg
I also had these foobie Bowser ones. They came with plastic loads which I spruced up with sawdust. Gave them to club since they suit the track, the route, and the sawmill sidings.
WoodChipHoppers1.jpg

Normally I'm a fan of live loads like this coal train loaded with walnut shells I dyed black,
9568-t.jpg

But the gates on this ballast hopper don't work (yet) so it got a carved chunk of blue foam with some Woodland Scenics ballast glued to it. It looks ok, it is the first load I've ever made this way.

thumbnail_IMG_0651.jpg

It looks the the track it is sitting on could use some ballast.

Back